Chapter Five

After School

The two girls were sitting in a café after school that day. Chatting and talking about what girls usual talk about.  "So how are you liking the school Lizzy?" Bree askes sipping a cup of coffee.

"It's really nice. It's nothing that I ever expected" she said with a smile.

"That's nice." The two girls kept quiet for a while until Bree broke it. "So , my brother" she said awkwardly.

"Who? Leo, yea. He is a bit weird"

"No not that one. Chase"

"What about Chase?"

"Have you noticed anything, different about him?"

Lizzy looked at her and blinked. She then took a bit out of her sandwich and whipped her mouth. "What do you mean?"

Bree laughed "Oh come on, before he met you he was the super geeky one who wanted to go to school. Now he has... changed. He is the complete opposite"

"So?"

"Lizzy look at me. Don't you think that, you have rushed too much in the relationship? I mean you just moved here an-."

Lizzy laughed "Oh Bree. Your brother was right. You do get jealous if someone is in a better relationship than you"

Bree frowned "Okay I will let that slide. But please, just talk to him. We are really worried about him"

Lizzy looked at her and smiled "Alright fine. I will"

.........................................................................................................................................................................

'Dear Diary. It has been three weeks since I met Chase and the others. Chase is the best boy that a girl could have. It's our three week anniversary and I got him the best gift. I haven't told Marcus yet though. Don't know what he would say, Maybe if they meet they will change. I don't know though. Anyway Bree said that Chase has changes and she is a bit right. I will have to talk to him tomorrow. Or tonight when I talk to him on the phone. Well, see you later.

-Lizzy 

"Lizzy!" Marcus called from upstairs.

"Be there in a nano-second" she called using her super speed to go to where he was. She met him in the kitchen and sat down. "Yes Marcus?" she said fluttering her eyes.

"Don't you act all innocent to me" he snapped.

"What are you tal-"

"I know where you have been and I know what you are doing."

"You do?" she said.

"Yes. You went to the mall and didn't get me anything!" he said stopping out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Lizzy breathed and smiled and followed him. Ever since she was made, Marcus had put a tracking system on her so she wouldn't get lost. "Sorry, I guess I for-"

"And I know you have been hanging out with... them..." he said disgustingly.

Lizzy frowned. "What is so bad about the Davenports, they are nice people"

"No they are not"

"How would you know, you don't know them like I do" Lizzy screamed.

"Yes I do" Marcus' eyes then began to glow.

Lizzy gulped. Whenever his eyes went like that, she had to be careful. "Marcus, please. They are really nice people. And even if you do know them, can't you just meet them again and put your past behind you?"

Marcus screamed "NO! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR WHAT THEY DID!" he then picked up a lamp and threw it across the room. Lizzy ducked and it smashed on the wall. Marcus eyes then went back to normal and he slumped into a chair. "Lizzy please go into your capsule" he said.

Lizzy sat next to him. "Marcus please. I can see you are hurt. I really want to know what's eating you. If you just let me help you-"

"I said GO, NOW!" he spat at her.

Lizzy nodded. "Sorry. Good night Marcus" Lizzy left him and she began to cry. "How am I going to tell him that I am dating Chase now?" she said to herself.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

The next day, Lizzy went into the kitchen with her school things and was surprised to see Marcus already there. "Good Mourning" he said with a smile.

"Hi" she said sitting down.

"Look Lizzy. Darling, I am sorry that I freaked out like that. We just have a bad past together. It's going to take me a while"

Lizzy nodded. "That's okay"

The two them sat and ate in scilence. "So, how are you and Chase doing?" he said raising an eyebrow.

Lizzy nearly chocked on her juice and looked at him. "How do you know about me and-"

"You were talking in your sleep saying: How can I tell. Can't tell. Must tell my Creator Marcus about... Chase and I dating" he said mocking her.

She blushed. "I'm sorry I wanted to tell you b-"

"It's fine"

"Really?"

He nodded. "So how long"

"Three weeks"

He smiled and went to fetch an orange, "Great" he whispered. "Chase will be in the way of my plan. No worries. He will be the perfect bait now" he smiled devilishly.

"What did you say?" Lizzie asked.

"Um, that it's great that you are dating now. I'm happy to see you happy" he lied.

Lizzy smiled at him and went back to eating. "Oh Lizzy, poor innocent Lizzy" he thought while his eyes glowed green.