Chapter Ten

"So let me get this straight. Marvin is actually Marcus. And he is not your cousin, but your brother/creator, and you are not from Switzerland?" Adam said.

"Exactly" Lizzy replied.

There was an awkward silence. "So, you lied to us?" Bree said to her

"No. All I knew is that Marcus didn't like you guys for some reason. But he didn't say why"

"But you still lied to us" Leo said.

"I didn't lie to you guys about anything. All I know is that we have to save Chase bef-"

"What do you mean by 'we'?" Mr. Davenport asked.

"We? We need to save hi-"

"There is no 'we' anymore Lizzy" he said to her.  

"What do you-"

"You put my family in danger. Instead of mentioning Marcus to us, you didn't. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave"

"But Ch-"

"It's too late now. I'm sure Chase will be able to handle it for another day. Just leave" he said to her.

Lizzy looked at them. "Fine" she said and walled out and shut the door behind her.

"Big D, Chase will be alright. He's smart enough to outsmart anyone" Leo said.

"I hope your right Leo. I want you guys to have a sharp eye though when you get to school? Okay"

"Okay" they replied.

"Alright.  You guys better get to bed" he said.

.............................................................................................................................................................

The next day, the three of them were in the kitchen eating breakfast. "I hope Chase is alright" Bree said.

"I'm sure he's fine Bree" Leo said patting his sister on the back.

Eddy then appeared and laughed "Yea. What's the worst that can happen, all we know is that he can be robbing banks, stealing jewels, or he is probably even dead"

"Eddy" they all at the same time.

"What, I said probably" he replied and disappeared as Mr. Davenport walked in.

"Guys, I want you to stay home today. With Marcus still on the loose and Chase captured, I don't want any more danger" he said grabbing his cup of coffee.

"But we have to save Chase" Adam said.

"Yes I know but not now. I just called your school saying that you won't be able to make it. Just finish your breakfast and meet me in the lab in an two hours" he said walking out of the door.

"Where are you going?" Adam asked.

"I need to buy a few more groceries" he said. "Be back soon" and he shut the door.

"I still can't believe that Marcus is alive" Bree said once he left.

"See, I told ya!" Leo said raising his arms in the air.

"No. You said you had a funny feeling about him coming back"

"Same thing"

Bree rolled her eyes and the doorbell. "I'll get it" Adam said. He got up from where he was sitting and walked up to the door. He opened it and smiled "Hey Chase. CHASE!" he shouted and hugged his brother.

"Adam put me down" he said and Adam did as he was told. "Guys, Chase is back!" he said pulling him inside and shut the door behind him.

"Chase" Bree and Leo said running to give his brother a hug. "Are you alright?" Bree asked.

"I think so. All I remember is seeing Marcus then waking up in an alley way" Chase replied.

"But you are alright?" Leo asked.

"I think so"

"Lizzy dropped by yesterday and we were worried" Adam said.

"Speaking of Lizzy, did you know that she is bionic?"

"Yea. She told us" Leo said angrily.

"Well we need to stop Marcus before he gets up to anymore trouble"

"But Mr. Da-" but Bree was cut off by her brother.

"Forget what Mr. Davenport said. I know where he lived and we will be fine"

"But Cha-"

"Don't worry about anything cupcake, everything will be under control" he said to her.

Bree looked at him confusingly. "Did you just call me 'cupcake?'"

"Um, no."

"But you just sa-"

"Guys. Forget what Chase said. Let's just get ready for the 'ultimate battle'" Leo said.

"Right" Adam and Bree said and followed him to the lab. Chase smiled and his eyes turned green and he followed his brothers and sister.

...................................................................................................................................................................

The four of them were in front of Marcus' and Lizzy's house and they were getting ready. "Alright guys, remember the plan?" Chase said to them.

"Yea" they replied.

"Alright. On the count of three. One, two, three" they all barged into the house and searched the place.

"No one is here" Leo said.

"Maybe he is in the backyard" Chase said to them and they all followed him. They all got the backyard and saw nothing.

"No one is here" Adam said. The door then shut behind them and locked by its self. "Hey guys, the door is locked" Adam said trying to open it.

"Well can't you smash it open?" Bree said.

"I wouldn't if I were you" Chase said to them.

They looked at him and cocked their heads. "What do you mean?"

"That door is extremely strong. Not even a missile can break it"

"It can't be that-" but Leo was cut off by his sister.

"Wait. How do you know that?" she said.

Chase looked at her and smiled. "Fine. You caught me"

"What do you mean by 'caught'" Adam asked.

"Well let me show you. CHASE!" Chase screamed and another Chase walked out of the shadows.