Chapter 22

"I can't do this! I can't fucking do this!" Max yelled, intertwining his fingers in his black curls. Y/n walked over next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder and looked at him intently as she smiled in reassurance. 

"Hang in there,Max. The day is almost over and all of this is behind us. You just need to stay calm."

Max looked at her hand and growled,shrugging her hand off of him. He inched closer to her face and began to yell, "He roasted Space Kid with his farts! Did you not see that?! How can I stay calm after all of this?!"

"You listen to me!" She snapped, harshly cupping both side of his face. "All we have to do is survive through this activity. Do you really think that I'm not experiencing what you're going through?! Because trust me, I'm a break down ready to happen at any second! And I'm not going to risk the chance of possible being taken by the Wood Scouts or anyone else here. So I need to take a deep breath and keep all those opinions bottled up inside!" and with that she cleared her throat before letting go of Max's face, regaining her composure .

"Ahem!" Preston called out. "The time has come for our final activity of the day. A stunning performance piece/improvisational fusion. Now I'll need a suggestion from the audience. Quick shout out a theme!"

"Ooh! Ooh! The forest!" David beamed.

"Hooo boy, that is really-" He paused as he saw Petrol peeping his head out of the curtain with a whistle barely touching his lips, "-acceptable under these conditions! So, I will work with it! Everyone search inward for the part of the forest that calls most to you. Once you found your muse, you will design a costume and give a brief performance on its behalf. Now get to it!..please."

Y/n looked at Nikki as she jumped into a pile of mud, rubbing the substance all over her face. "Done!" She smiled.

"I sure hope my nervous vomiting doesn't kick in." Jermy said outloud to himself,walking pass the group. Max bit his bottom lip and twitched his eye as he fell to his knees with a frown. Neil and Y/n looked at each other with cocked brows before looking down at their sunshade friend.

"He..can't be.. real!" Max cried, "Oh god, I'm gonna crack and live the rest of my life as a Wood Scout!"

"Actually, we've been talking a lot about this. Cuz' yeah! We exist!" Nurf quipped.

Y/n turned around and she rolled her eyes, seeing Ered,Harrison, and Nurf walking towards the group. "Are you guys seriously discussing who is the best camper? I really didn't expect the camp to be really fighting over this. I mean all of us don't want to be chosen so again, why does it matter?"

"Y/n, can you please be quiet? Grown ups are talking." Nurf stated before continuing, "But like I was saying, we all decided that I'm the best camper."

"Hold up! I thought we agreed that I'm the best camper. I'm the coolest." Ered said.

"But I'm the most magical." Harrison pointed out.

"No,I'm the most magical!" Nerris debated from afar.

"Yet, I'm the most adorable!" Dolph smiled.

"Awe~, yes you are." Y/n cooed as she lightly pinched his cheek.

"And I'm the only one who seems to be taking this theater performance seriously!" Preston shouted.

"Hey,guys!" Jermy called, everyone looked at the stage. "I finished my costume! Guess what I am."

Space Kid looked at the numerous of sticks tied around his stomach and tapped his index finger on his glass helmet,thinking. "Uh?.. a bundle of sticks?" He suggested.