Chapter 31

A/N: I just would like to say that this chapter is only long because I think that you guys deserve it. You guys stuck with me since the first chapter and I'm surprised that you even made it this far. Now I don't want to show or brag but this chapter is actually meant more as present due to the fact that my birthday is on the 16th of September. And what other best way to celebrate that with my fans? A 10-page chapter! Now before I let you go, KEEP A LOOK OUT OF A STEVEN UNIVERSE QUOTE! IF YOU FIND IT LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW! BYE! :)

*

*

"Nikki, will you please stop chewing on that. You don't realize how many hands have been on that!" Neil cringed.

Nikki side-eyed the ivory teen as she continued to chew on the scruffy plastic of a frisbee. She shrugged off his comment before turning to Max. "Hey, who's the pretty lady next to Y/n?"

"Who else could it be? It's Y/n's mom. "Max scoffed.

"What's with the attitude, Max?" Neil asked.

"That women is an evil wind-bag."

"She.. doesn't...seem... that...bad." Nikki said between chews. "She...just...seems...bitter...for... a good...reason."

"Why, don't we ask Y/n to play frisbee with us?" Neil suggested.

"That women is not going to let Y/n play. As long as she is here by Y/n's side, she will have her under control. Too many strings are attached and Y/n doesn't want to do anything about it." Max explained.

"You know, what?" Nikki said as she took out the plastic disc out of her mouth. "I'm just going to go over there and meet that woman myself. Sure, she might be bitter but, how can she say no to this face?"

"Everyone does." Neil teased, earning a glare from the pink-eyed female.

Nikki held the frisbee on the side of her hip as she hopped off the bench, her turquoise curls bouncing. She approached the table smoothly and rested her arm on the table as she cocked a confident brow. "Hiya!"

M/N pushed down her glasses towards the bridge of her nose and tilted her head down so that only her (eye color) eyes showed before the glasses were pushed up again, momentarily. "Who are you?" She asked, coldly.

"Names, Nikki! I'm Y/n's friend."

M/N cocked a brow as she looked over at Y/n, who nervously smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "You surround yourself with this girl? She's such a... tomboy."

"Hey, it's always good to have a diversity with your friends," said Y/n.

"She looks like she doesn't have any common sense." M/N commented.

"Mother!" Y/n blushed as she turned back to Nikki. "I'm so sorry! She didn't-"

"No, no, no! It's fine, really!" Nikki waved, bashfully.

"It's quite funny actually that she said that," said Max from across the Mess Hall. Everyone looked behind Nikki as Max came around the table and walked towards Y/n's table, Neil following behind.

"How is it funny? Was it suppose to be a joke because I didn't get it." Nikki shrugged.

"No, it wasn't. It's just, it's funny how she thinks that her opinion even mattered. I mean, do any of you remember asking for her opinion? No? Yeah, me neither."

Y/n tilted her head down as she held her hand over her lips, covering her smile. But when she felt M/N slap her arm, she quickly sat up and wiped the smile off her face. M/N turned to Max and took off her glasses and looked dead on in his eyes. "So, we meet again." She hummed.