Chapter 28

"Jesus, chill out, Neil! It's not like you can hover over this thing for its entire incubation period!" Max shouted from outside Neil's dome. 

"The hell I can't!" Neil shouted back. "I'm in this for the long haul, baby! You think my job is done after this thing hatches? It's going to be homeschooled! It's going to wear a baby leash! A baby leash, Max!"

"Neil..." Y/n called out.

"Not now, Y/n. These infant creatures are only good at one thing, And that's finding the fasted way to kill themselves when you let them out of your sight!"

"Neil.." Y/n called out again.

But there was no attention drawn to her. Y/n's pupils raced around the dome to find the burning urge to break out of this place. Her heart began to pound, drips of sweat started to form, and the feeling of fainting at any moment rushed through her veins. She didn't know what was wrong, not at all. But she fell to her knees and rested her back against the metal wall behind her. Her breathing started to become irregular as she gripped the blades off the grass.

The walls around her began to inch in closer and closer by the minute. Y/n threw herself to the ground, face being smothering in the grass as she kept her (eye color) eyes shut. Her arms covering the sides of her head, trying to block out the ranting and venting from Neil.

"None of you know what's good for Elise like I do! I will it keep close forever! Because I'm the only one who can love it the way it needs to be loved!" Neil cried. And without him realizing it; the tighter he hugged Elise the more it's outer shell began to crack and once the last word of his sentence rolled off his tongue, he was covered in Elise's remains. He looked down and his face drooped. He sighed. "Well, I'm sure this is some kind of poignant metaphor.."

"You are merely just a child!"

"You ignorant pest!"

"Disgrace!"

"You will do as you're told!"

"You don't know shit!"

"You could have done better."

"What you did does not matter to me or anyone out there in that audience."

"You failed! Failure will not be tolerated with me, is that clear?"

"Just. Like. Your. Father."

Y/n's eyes shot open, brimming with tears as she heaved with air. Her fingered lingered in her locks and tangling them in its soft strands.

Neil wiped the remains of Elise onto the sheet of grass, the dome detransformed back into its original state. Then he heard Y/n's cries. He gasped as he raced over to her side, trying to lift her up. Nikki and Max followed behind him in full panic. "She's having some sort of anxiety attack!" Neil informed.

"Why the fuck would she be having that?! What did you do to her?!" Max growled.

"I didn't do anything, I swear! She was just fine until... shit."

" What do you mean, 'shit' ?"

"Help me lift her up.."

Before Max could say anything else, the hitch in Y/n's breathing gotten faster than it did in the beginning. Max shoved his hands under Y/n's pits and scooped her up from the ground and resting her back on his chest. Neil crawled in front of Y/n and lifted up her chin as he inched himself closer to her face. Max cocked a brow before saying, "You better not be trying to kiss her."

"Max, please. You know Neil would never do that. It's not time for you to be jealous right now." Nikki scolded as she rubbed her thumb against her egg's shell nervously.

"This egg doesn't need to feel trapped!"

"This is nonsense!"

"You're just adding onto your anxiety and stress!"

All this time, I thought she was saying this for the sake for Elise and I.. but she was saying it on her behalf too. What the fuck does Y/n go through when she's home? Neil thought to himself.  He cupped Y/n's left cheek in one hand as the other to smooth back her loose hairs that were sticking to her face. "Y/n." He stated, sternly. "I need you to calm down now, okay? Everything is fine."

Y/n's eyes shifted from the ground to his blue ones. Neil nodded in approval and smiled. " I need you to breathe with me, okay? We're all here for you. Max, Nikki, and I are all here.."

Y/n watched Neil inhale a wave of fresh air. Y/n's nostrils flared as she repeated the action. Each breath she took was lead by a praise from Neil. And each praise lead to a calming down heartbeat. 

Max felt the stiffness in Y/n's back soften against his chest. A wave of relief washed over the trio as they knew whatever Neil was doing has worked. Max pressed his lips ever so softly against the tip of Y/n's head before resting his forehead where he planted the peck.

"What do you think may have triggered this?" Nikki asked, quietly.

"The dome, I'm pretty sure. I have a feeling that she might of experienced  several symptoms of claustrophobia? The entire time she was saying how she didn't want Elise to feel trap but I guess she didn't want to feel that way either. Her levels of anxiety must of been pretty high..." Neil explained.

Max let out a deep sigh. "Damn.."

*

*

Are there any health issues that should be known? If so please write it down: Y/n L/n suffers from mild anxiety in which can cause her to have one of her attacks. When experiencing this, I find it more effective when you talk to her in a soothing voice and looking directly into her eyes when trying to calm her down. When her attack has ended it is normal for her to feel exhausted. In which it is best for her to get approximately 1-3 hours of sleep with a glass of water by her side.

Emergency Contact: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Signature: M/N L/N

David sat next to Y/n, who was underneath Gwen's covers. She nuzzled her head against the pillowcase as she snored silently. David closed the file and placed a glass of water next to the bedside table before exiting  out of the cabin and closing the door behind him. He walked over to Gwen who was leaning her back against the doors of the mess hall. He reassuringly smiled. "She's doing great. Just needs some rest."

"That's good to hear..." She sighed.

"Gwen, I know you're worried but I promise you she will be fine by tomorrow."

"It's not that, David. Don't you see? It's her mom! I bet she's the one who's causing all that anxiety."

"Whoa, Gwen. I know Y/n's mom forces her to do things but that can't be just the reason why she suffers from it or why she reacted the way she did. It's 2018 and teenagers these days are suffering more than are today than back then. Now maybe it is the mom's fault but we can't be putting blames on people. She had an attack while taking care of an egg. Maybe the attack was caused by the stress of handling something with so much responsibility."

Gwen scoffed as she stood up straight with her arms crossed above her chest. "She just doesn't deserve it.. all she wants is for her mother to be happy but what about Y/n's well-being? She can't just accept whatever affection or respect her mother gives her, you know? That's like building her mother's ego.."

David dug his foot in the ground and nodded, sorrowfully. " You're right and I completely understand. It's sad to know that she's learning a life lesson at such a young state of her life. Sometimes in life, you have to make sacrifices..."

"Even if it means your happiness.."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: 3.7

Okay, okay! I know it was oddly short compared to the last chapter but you know I want this to go in depth with Y/n's background because again, that is what I am trying to go for. And I hope you can try to understand what I want the reader to go through so when the next chapter comes; which will be Season 2 Episode 12- Parents Day... the drama I have planned for that chapter will make sense, haha. 

-YummKimchii