Chapter 32

"When you look at someone through rose-colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags."

-Wanda Peirce (Bojack Horseman)

*

Max endured the captivating appearance of Y/n underneath the seeping light of the moon. He smiled as she looked drawn to his black curls that she twirled around her index finger. She sighed, heavenly. Max's smile increased as he placed his hand on top of Y/n's and removing it from his hair. "What is it?" He asked.

"Your hair. It's so gorgeous."

"It's huge." He half-laughed. "I can barely put my hoodie over this mess."

Y/n laughed, nose crinkling as she leaned in closer to Max. She smoothed back his black hairs and pecked his forehead and whispered, "Well I like it."Max lifted his head and hand, applying it under her chin. His sunshade lips pressed against Y/n's lips. She slowly drew herself back and met his piercing glowing blue eyes. Y/n cocked a brow and huffed. "What is it? What's with that look?" She asked. Max averted his eyes and shifted on his cot. He laid on his backside and folded his hands with one another on his stomach and sighed.

"Why did you undergo your Mother for so long?" He asked, quietly.

There was a moment of silence that the two took in. Y/n cleared her throat as she sat up and folded her arms around her legs that were pressed against her chest. She then said, "I don't know."

"You don't know?" Max side-browed.

Y/n shrugged and nodded. "In some ways I guess for dealing with for so long, it's somewhat normal?"

There was silence, once again. Max frowned as he sat up and scooted closer to Y/n, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Y/n slumped into his embrace and rested her head one his somewhat broad shoulder. His frown deepened as he felt the wetness of Y/n's tears staining the blue fabric. Without hesitation, he hugged her as he listened to her sobbing. "It's okay," He told Y/n. "Everything will be okay."

"How do you know?" She sniffled.

"I don't. But I do know that things like these find themselves to be easier to deal with. Things get easier, you have to understand that..."

*

"Due to the hectic work schedules of Golden Leaf's Therapy Clinic, we cannot answer your call at this moment. If you would be so kind as to leave a voice message for Susan Briller, she'll get back to you as soon as she can. Thank you and have a good day!"

Beep.

"Susan, it's M/N. I would like to set an appointment for Y/n and me... Just book us as soon as a spot is available. Thank you, keep in touch."

M/N hanged up and slid her phone back into her purse. She exited out of her car and adjusted the strap on her purse as she used her other hand to wipe the black make-up swears that stained her honey silk skin before re-applying her dark sunglasses. She sniffled a couple of time and sashayed her way to the doors of the work building. As she grabbed a hold of the handles she took a deep breath and said to herself, "M/N L/N, you are one fucked person."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: 1.6

Yes, I am alive folks. And finally updated after a long... long break. I know I say this a lot but school is just something else right now, it's kicking my ass every chance that it could get. I've been just focusing on school for so long I've lost interest and forgot how "write" if that makes sense. I lost the flow and the ideas that I once had didn't work anymore. But after this long wait, I thought you guys deserved a little something for this wait. By the way, this chapter was; what happened later on that night, after the kiss and a small scene of the Mother.

Please keep the good vibes poppin',

YummKimchii <3