Chapter 35

I dedicate this chapter to the one and only person who taught me how to love myself, inside and out.
And who taught me what true love was... thank you.

*

Author Note: Please know before reading, that most of these chapters are previous in this fanfic with only better grammar and a few slight changes. Also, some of the other chapters that aren't originally part of this fanfic are Y/n's memories that she experienced. This will be the very last chapter of this wonderful fanfic, plus an epilogue and an author note. And the bolded headings are the titles I've given the chapters. While the headings that are in italics are the songs that go well with the mood of the text. So, without further ado, please enjoy :) Thank you.

*

Comes As You Are (Nirvana): First Day of Summer Camp

Camp Melody is a well known prodigious camp where many kids came during the summer program to work on their skills in their musical hobbies. The camp sought kids with talents and their willingness to work with other people, as the camp was a big believer in combining genres so that it can be a beneficial experience.

Y/n wasn't too keen on the idea of attending the camp. She wanted to live life to the fullest, not be tied down on a leash. So she never cared about getting better at the violin. But of course, she never had a say with her Mother. On the bright side, breaks from home life aren't that bad. Especially when it's needed.

Y/n waited eagerly in her living room as she stared out of the wide window, looking out for the same old rusty yellow bus to drive by her house. Giving her a sign to start walking down the street to the bus stop. And when the flash of yellow zoomed by the house, she happily hopped up from her couch and raced to her room to grab her duffel bag and leather violin case. Reaching for the metal doorknob, she stopped and turned around and waved at her Mother. Who and always on the phone and typing away on her computer. Of course, M/n noticed her but didn't give too much of her attention span to Y/n as she shooed her off.

"I love you." Y/n said, softly.

"Y/n, keep your voice down. This is a very important business call." M/n scoffed, resuming back to her conversation.

Y/n rolled her eyes and sighed as she walked out the door, closing it behind her. "You know I don't even know why I bother..." Y/n told herself.

When she walked up to the bus stop, the doors were swung open rather harshly.

Y/n cocked a brow and gripped her handle of her violin case as she peeped her head around the doors. Almost shocked, she examined the bus driver's thick silver mustache that hid his lips pretty well, the way how his flannel hung loosely on his hook of a hand.
Y/n shyly smiled to only receive a small nod from the man before walking on to the bus and sitting all the way in the back of the vehicle. Trying as much as she could to avoid staring at the bus driver through the rear mirror, afraid to actually catch eye contact with him.
Y/n dug into her front pocket on her duffel bag and pulled out her phone and earbuds, scrolling the many songs on her playlist. She smiled subtly as she clicked on Come as you are by Nirvana. She turned her volume all the way up and stared at the window, seeing the bus pulling out of the side of the street and joining the other cars.

"Come as you are, as you were
As I want to be, as your friend, as your known enemy."

Y/n looked passed numerous amounts of houses. Each house, she tried imagining what the family was like or how the owner lived, just by the given perspective.