New

I sighed as I quickly glanced around the classroom. Just to my luck, Mica and Lucas were in this class as well. I started to head towards the only two seats left in the WHOLE class. One was next to Mica and her new boyfriend, and the other to the left of Vanessa, the meanest girl in school. Could this day get any worse?

I ended up taking the seat next to Vanessa, even if she's bullied me in the past, because I couldn't stand to look at the couple all snuggled and seated close. It made me want to go home and never come back to school.

Just to my luck, the intercom loudly screeched from over our heads.

"Ashlynn Anderson, please report to the principal's office. Thank you."

Every eye in the room turned to me as my chair decided to make an odd, squeaking sound. I hurriedly pushed the chair back in and rushed to the door.

I walked down the long hallways of the school until I reached the office. I heard that kids walk in here and never come out.

When I opened the door, my eyes landed on a boy sitting in one the uncomfortable chairs by the wall. His grayish, almost hazel eyes, stared back at me with a sense of curiosity. I knew I've never  seen him before, so he must be new.

I continued through the office until I reached the door that separated me from the principal. Just before I knocked, he came out from behind the oak door. Mr. Mendoza, the principal, smiled widely at the sight of me.

He gestured for me to follow him out of the smaller space and out to the bigger part of the office. Where that kid is sitting. He stopped just in front of the new, mysterious boy and waved a hand in his direction. Quite an awkward gesture if I might add.

"Welcome Trenton Santiago to our school, Ashlynn!"he exclaimed loudly.

——————————————————

A/n: Here's the second chapter✨ Thank you to anyone who's read this❤️

~Hay🌸

◦