A Different Side

As soon as I regained my balance, I quickly stood up straight. He chuckled softly at my motions.

        "You know, you could've just asked me for a hug, right," the one and only Trenton said.

        I smiled sarcastically and started to walk away from the typical "flirt" of a boy. Just then, Mica and Lucas rounded the corner all close together. I sighed and tried to divert out of their attention, but Mica just happened to notice me. 

        "Hey, Ash, do you want to hang after school?" she practically screamed across the cafeteria, while running towards me.

        When she approached me, I looked around the room, trying to find someone to help me out. My eyes only landed on the mysterious boy who was staring at me amusingly.

        "U-ummm, I'm actually already hanging with Trenton," I managed to say through stuttering.

        She looked at me with a questioning look on her face as I tried to smile as real as possible.

        "Ok, well have fun," she reluctantly says.

        As they walked away, Trenton came up from behind me saying, "hanging out tonight, now are we?"

        "As much as I would "love" that, I have things to attend to today."

        I smiled genuinely at him and walked away towards the table I was planning to sit at alone. I though about what I had said to Trenton and what had happened between us. I mean sure he was good looking, but there was no need to get caught up with boys.

        After lunch, I continued through with my classes for the day. But, as my last one rolled around, Mica decides to sit right next to me.

        "What's been up with you lately?"she questions. I shake my head at her, but she keeps asking.

        "Maybe it has to do with the fact that I like your boyfriend and I can't stand seeing you with him!"I half-whisper, half-shout.

        Every eye in the class turns to me as they hear me push my seat back. I didn't care as I rudely left the classroom, knowing I'd probably get in trouble later.

        I finally collapsed against a wall in the bathroom and let the tears escape my eyes. I'd just yelled at my best friend and humiliated myself in front of the class. As I continued to cry, a small knock can from outside. I wiped my tears, knowing I'd still have puffy eyes regardless, and faced the door.

        When I did open it, there stood Trenton. He looked at me with worrying eyes. I went to shut the door, but he held it open with his foot and came in without saying anything. Then came the unexpected, he hugged me without a single word. I hugged him back hesitantly because this was new.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

        After this troublesome day of school, I went straight home and took a much needed and well deserved nap.

Trenton's P.O.V.

—————————-

        Once I was done the long day at school, I didn't really want to go there. It always leaves me more tired than I already am, but there was no choice. I quickly changed from my outfit into some more comfortable clothes. Then, I said goodbye to my mom as I left out the door.

        As soon as I reached the place, I quickly hopped out of my car and reached the door. I opened it to see..........

———————————————————

Sooo, I left you guys with a cliffhanger.

⁃ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But anyways, always make sure to talk to people about things before bad things happen. This chapter has an example, but some situations differ. So, SPEAK UP!!❤️

Much love, Hay👑✨