3. The Princess

Rey lead Ben through the dark woods towards the resistance base careful not to make to much noise.

They finally reached the back entrance and Rey pushed the password into the keypad. The door opened and Rey gestured for Ben to enter. The pair quickly made their way up to stone stairwell towards the 3rd floor where Rey's apartment was.

Slowly they crept along the corridor and stopped outside apartment 143. Rey quietly unlocked the door using her thumb print before quickly entering, Ben following behind her, closing the door.

"Thank god everyone is asleep." Said Rey walking further inside as Ben stood by the door.

"Umm Rey." He said looking to the sofa.

Rey turned to him, "What is it?" She asked confused. At that moment the light turned on and Poe and Finn stood side by side next to the sofa.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE?!" Finn Shouted charging forward only to be pulled back by Poe who stood glaring at the Supreme Leader.

"Finn calm down he is with us now!" Rey said stepping in front of Ben.

"YOU ARE TAKING HIS SIDE!" Finn Shouted.

"Finn stop acting like I child for God's sake!" Rey said back.

"Rey are you out if you're mind?" Poe asked stepping forward, "This is Kylo Ren Supreme Leader of the first order."

"His name is Ben Solo! And I trust him!" Rey replied glaring at the pilot and ex-stormtrooper.

"You can't trust him!" Said Poe pulling out his blaster.

Rey stepped closer to Poe, "Poe put down the blaster." She said calmly.

"No Rey, he has tricked you. I'm not going to let him hurt you." Poe said pushing Rey out the way and aiming at Ben. Finn stepped forward also aiming his blaster.

"Please I come in peace I am unarmed." said Ben raising is hands in surrender.

"You're a liar!" Said Finn ready to fire.

"STOP IT!" Rey Shouted using the force to take the blasters from the boys hands. The room went silent until a knock was heard at the door.

Rey glared at the boys before walking over and opening the door only to see General Organa standing on the other side.

Suddenly panicking Rey tried her best to act casually, "Oh General, hi. What brings you here at this hour?"

Leia narrowed her eyes, "Rey I heard everything let me in." Rey slowly nodded before stepping aside.

The General turned to see her son and her eyes immediately filled with tears. "Poe, Finn go back to your quarters I will speak with you in the morning."

The boys immediately obliged and left the room. Rey stood to the side as Leia stepped towards her son.

"I-Is it really you." She cried holding his head in her hands. A single tear fell down his cheek.

"Yes Mum it's me." He whispered. Leia cried harder, "I missed you so much Ben, I thought I had lost you forever."

"Mum I'm alright, Snoke could never keep me away from you." Ben said hugging his mother resting his chin on her head, "I regret killing him, I really do, if I could take it back I would."

Leia nodded sadly, "He would of been proud of you for returning home."

"I won't ever hurt you again Mum, I'll always be here with you." He said holding his mother close.

Leia nodded slowly, "And that is why you need to trust me."

Ben pulled away confused, "What do you mean?"

"I am obligated to lock you up at least for tonight until you are trialed tomorrow." Leia said calmly.

"General this is outrageous, Ben Solo is a changed man we can trust him." Rey said stepping forward.

"Rey it's okay, I am supreme Leader and have committed many crimes I deserve to be put on trial, people can't automatically forgive me and act like I have done wrong." Ben said turning to her.

"I will take you personally to the cells and then try and arrange your trial as soon as possible, then we can be a family again." Leia smiled at her son before walking towards the door looking back at Rey and Ben, "I'll give you two a minute."

Rey and Ben stood in silence. "Thank you." Ben muttered quietly.

"You're welcome Ben." Rey said with a small smile. Ben looked at Rey's beautiful smile the way her eyes lit up when she did.

"I guess I should go." Ben said awkwardly walking towards the door. Rey nodded slowly as he opened it.

"Why did you decide to turn, after everything you said?" Rey asked.

"It felt like the right thing to do." And with that Ben left the room gently closing the door to Rey's apartment behind him.

He has only known her a short time but was already in love with her. It would never work out though, he was a monster. He may of joined the resistance but he still felt like a monster, a murderous snake. And he knew in his heart, that Rey could never love someone as monstrous and murderous as him. After all who could ever love a beast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorryyyy I know this was a short chapter and the story isn't very fast moving but things will get a lot better and there will be more Reylo VERY SOON!

Vote and comment xx