22.Pain

Kylo Ren turned away from Rey forcing himself to break their connection. He couldn't bare to look at her, the women who had broken his heart, torn it up like it meant nothing. Desperately he tried to pull away only something was pulling him back, "Rey let go." He said through gritted teeth. "It's not me." She croaked. Kylo turned back to her, she had tears running down her cheeks, he almost felt bad. No, he did feel bad. But why did she care? She was the one who sent him away. Although something was pulling them towards each other  though, a force stronger than both of them. A force binding them together not letting either of them break the connection. "Rey break away." He said once again. Rey shook her head, "I can't I'm trying I swear."

"Well you aren't trying hard enough!" Shouted Kylo anger rushing through him.

Rey was breathing heavily her heart pounding, his anger had never scared her before. Wiping away her tears Rey closed her eyes and concentrated on trying to calm Kylo Ren.

He felt it, her light surrounding him making him feel safe. His anger began to melt away. Rey's eyes opened and they stared at each other neither of them knew what to say. "Why did you do it?" Kylo asked.

Rey looked down at the floor before opening her mouth to speak, she knew she had to lie, "The resistance needed me to get you on our side, we have enough information from you now therefore you are u-useless to us." Said Rey with a slight stutter.

Kylo glared at her, "So it was all fake?" He Asked through gritted teeth.

Rey nodded, "Yes it was all fake."

"No part of it was real?" Asked Kylo hating how weak he sounded.

"You're the last person in the galaxy I would ever want to be with." Said Rey, suddenly she found herself disappearing, the connection was breaking. The laser thing connecting her and Ben was about to be destroyed.

Kylo's eyes were also full of tears as he felt her leaving him, she had hurt him, she had used him yet he was still desperate to hold on. He grabbed her hand the feeling was so familiar yet so distant. Her hand began to feel lighter in his, he looked into her eyes as she faded from view. And her hand disappeared from his grasp. He clenched his fist and stared down at it, she was always going to be out of his reach.
*************************************
Rey cried as she found herself back in her room. What had she done? She had ruined everything her and Ben had, she had broken their connection, the only thing keeping them together. Outside it was dark and the stars in the sky were covered by dark clouds. Rey let out a scream of pain. She took her lightsaber from her dresser and ignited it, swinging it around the room. Slashing the picture on the wall and smashing everything on the dresser, her clothes ruined. Ignoring the damage she continued on, angry at herself for everything she had done. She heard the sound of her door opening and footsteps rushing in. Rey ignored them and cried as she continued to destroy everything. "REY STOP!" Shouted Finn. The darkness was sweeping over her, consuming her.

"REY!" Shouted Poe.

The dresser collapsed and clothes fell out onto the floor, one of Ben's shirts falling down next to her foot. Rey paused and stared down at it.

"Rey?" It was Rose's voice this time. Rey threw her saber to the ground and collapsed onto her knees. She held the shirt up to her face and cried into it. She had gone straight to the dark, not even trying to stop herself.

Rey gasped as she felt light coming to her, surrounding her, causing her to feel nothing but love. Ben? No it couldn't be. Touching her stomach Rey cane to a realisation, the baby felt her pain. Footsteps came towards her and Rey turned to see Rose coming towards her. Rose wrapped her arms around Rey, "Ssh it's okay, you're going to be fine, I promise."

Rey wiped away her tears and stood up, still clutching Ben's shirt. As she walked towards Poe and Finn she began to feel dizzy, like something was taking her over. She moved her hand to her forehead, and breathed heavily. Suddenly she was falling, her legs were like jelly. Someone caught her before she hit the ground, she was being lifted and carried and everything went dark.

Poe carried Rey over to her bed and lay her down, pulling the covers over. "What are we going to do?" Rose Asked.

Poe caressed Rey's cheek, "I don't know." He said sadly.

"Rose go and find Leia she'll know what to do." Said Finn. Rose nodded and left the room.

"You think she's going to be okay?" Asked Finn. Poe turned to Finn, "She's strong, she'll get through this."

Finn nodded in agreement, picking up Ben's shirt. He moved over to Rey and lay it over her, Rey's hand immediately gripped it tight. "She needs him." Finn said.

"We need to get him back." Said Poe.

"How? We can't exactly walk up to him and ask him to return." Said Finn.

"Then we need to find a way." Said Poe, "She can't live without him."

"But Ben isn't going to come back anytime soon! The only person who can bring him back is Rey." Finn said with a sigh.

"No she's not the only one." Finn looked at Poe confused.

"The baby, once Ben finds out he come back." Poe explained.

"So what do you suggest?" Asked Finn.

"Next time we come face to face with the first order, we make sure Ben sees Rey is pregnant." He said.

"No Poe! We can't put Rey at risk!" He said angrily.

"Then we have no choice but to let her go through this pain alone." Said Poe turning back to Rey.

"She won't be alone, she has us." Said Finn as Rose and Leia entered the room.

Poe and Finn moved away from Rey, making room for Leia. The general sat down on a chair next to Rey, "Go get some sleep, I'll make sure she's okay." Said Leia turning to them.

Without complaint they nodded and left the room leaving Leia with Rey. "I promise you'll never be alone again, not now, not ever." Said Leia. Rey wasn't going through anything alone, Leia already loved her as her own.

*************************************
Wow I finally updated! Sorryyyyyyy I haven't updated in forever! I've been taking part in NaNoWriMo this year and it takes up all my writing time.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter 😁

Vote and Comment xx