15.Jakku

In the early hours of the morning Rey found herself on top of the falcon with Chewie fixing a few small faults created on their way to cloud city. As she pulled on various knobs and fixed wiring Rey couldn't help thinking about Ben. They had kissed each other twice and yet she was unsure of how she felt. She knew she cared about him deeply but was what she was feeling more than that? The older women on Jakku often spoke of love, the way it made your tummy feel funny and how whenever you touched it was electrifying. Who knows if Ben felt that way about her, maybe he just pitied her and wanted her to feel loved. Pushing the thoughts to the back of her head Rey continued to work.

Chewie roared something to her, "Chewie I said we won't be gone long."

Chewie sighed, I don't like him being around you.

Rey turned to look at Chewie. "I'll be fine, besides I can handle myself." She said finishing the last bit of wiring.

I don't trust him. Rey let out a sigh, "I know you don't trust him,but I really believe that he has changed."

Rey stood up and walked over to Chewie who was standing sadly fixing something.

"Hey look at me." She said as Chewie turned to her, "I'll be fine."

The wookie wrapped his arms around Rey and hugged her, "We'll be back before you know it."

At that moment Ben walked up the ramp. Rey pulled away from Chewie, "Hey you ready to go?" Ben asked.

Rey nodded, "Chewie you can go I'll fix up the last bits and pieces."

Chewie nodded before walking away down the ramp completely ignoring Ben as he passed him.

"The wookie doesn't like me." Said Ben.

Rey held back her anger, "I wonder why." She stormed off to the cockpit and prepared for takeoff leaving Ben standing alone. Sitting down in the pilots seat she prepared the falcon. Ben walked in to move into the co-pilots seat, "I don't need your help." Rey said through gritted teeth not even turning to face him, "Why are you angry with me?" He asked looking over at her.

"Because sometimes even though you forgive a person you still can't forget what they did." She said as they took off. Ben turned and angrily walked out of the room and into the back of the falcon where he slammed the door to the first room he entered, his old room.

A tear fell down Rey's cheek.

************************************

Ben stood by the door unable to bring himself to step further inside. he looked around at the model spaceships he would build with his father, each one would take hours and Han would always mess it up. He looked to the books that lined the shelves, the ones he would read before bed with his mother, she would always use the right voice for each character making them each special. Then they would tuck him into bed and he would attempt to keep his eyes open as they kissed him goodnight.

He turned and left the room, he had been standing there for an hour perhaps Rey had calmed down. Ben entered the cockpit to see Rey was sitting behind the pilots seat her knees brought up to her chest. He kneeled down in front of her and she looked away, "Rey look at me." He caressed her cheek and turned her towards him. "I'm sorry."

Rey nodded, "I know." She leaned down resting her forehead against his she closed her eyes. Ben looked at her she was so beautiful, he wanted to kiss her again. She had brought him home, she had saved him. Rey opened her eyes and moved her hands through his raven hair, "At what point are you going to kiss me?" she whispered.

"Right about now." He said before pressing his lips against hers. Rey held his face in her hands as he pulled her closer to him. Rey moved off the chair and onto the floor kneeling in front of him not breaking the kiss for a second.
************************************
The falcon landed on the desert planet Rey lowered the ramp before walking down Ben following behind her. She stepped out onto the sand even through her boots she could feel the heat of it. The sun blazed down on them causing sweat to run down their brows. "Where to first?" Asked Ben.

"Follow me." Said Rey walking ahead towards an old AT-AT.

The sand made their feet sink with each step making it harder to walk. Eventually they reached it and Ben looked around confused as to why Rey was walking inside.

He followed her inside and bent down being careful not to bang his head. He remained with his head down, the ceilings were low, looking around he immediately noticed someone was or had lived there. Rey was standing in front of a black wall covered in small white lines. She remained staring at it. Suddenly it dawned on him, this was Rey's home. Ben walked up to her and wrapped his strong arms around her, "Hey are you alright?" He Asked. Rey nodded.

"Yes it's just weird to be back here, this is where I grew up, in one room." She said walking around. Ben looked around there was little furniture and possessions, it felt like a lonely place to live.

A small crash snapped Ben back into reality. He turned a corner to see a girl couched down in fear. "Rey,"

Rey walked round the corner and gasped when she saw the girl she couldn't of been older than 13. Slowly Rey crouched down in front of her, "Are you alright?" She asked.

The girl was trembling, "W-who are you? Please don't make me leave this is my home." The girl begged.

"Your home? This is my home." Rey said confused.

"I found this place a few months ago, I was desperate for shelter and this place was empty."said the girl.

Rey offered her hand and she gladly took it standing up. The girl was quite small for her age, she had curly dark brown hair and green eyes. She wore a large tan clock to protect her from the sun.

"What's your name?" Rey asked.

"Keira, just Keira." Said the girl smiling.

"Please to meet you just Keira I'm Rey." She replied with a smile "And this is Ben Solo."

"Solo? As in the smuggler?" Asked the Keira.

"Han Solo was my father." Said Ben stepping forward. Keira's eyes widened.

"You're the son of Leia Organa and Han Solo?" She said excitedly.

Ben nodded. "Are you with the resistance?" She asked.

Rey nodded, "You must come with me there are so many people who will be dying to meet you." Said Keira moving past them.

Ben looked at Rey hesitantly, "She may lead us to the rebels, it's worth a try." Rey said.

Ben nodded and they followed Keira out of the AT-AT. Rey turned back and looked at her old home vowing to herself never to return.

*************************************
This chapter was hard to write for some reason, this is mostly a filler chapter but believe me when I say something BIG is coming up in the next few chapters.

Vote and Comment xxx