13.The Force

Poe sat on his bed, his head in his hands as tears moved rapidly down his cheeks. He wasn't a weak person, he could usually cope with sadness and mourning, even when his parents died he was still able to go out and fight for them. But now, he felt like nothing else mattered. What was the point? All that happens in war is you lose the people you love. He was gone, gone for good. If only he had warned him, he would still be with him.

Finn entered the room closing the door behind him, he sat down next to Poe. "Hey you okay?" He Asked sympathetically.

Poe nodded weakly, "Yeah yeah I'm fine."

"What happened?" Finn asked.

"Joe didn't make it." Poe replied sadly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Poe." Said Finn putting his arm around Poe.

"I just can't believe his gone." Said Poe quickly wiping away his tears.

Finn pulled Poe into a hug as Poe cried, "Hey it'll be okay." He said trying to calm him down, "Joe wouldn't want this to destroy you, he would want you to be out their taking down the first order."

Poe pulled away and gave a slight laugh, "Yeah I guess he would."

"Come on, the General wants to talk to you." Said Finn standing up, he held onto Poe's hand and pulled him out, lingering for a few seconds as he looked into his eyes.

Finn cleared his throat awkwardly letting go of Poe's hand, "We should go." Said Poe walking away and out the room, Finn following quickly behind.

They walked along the hanger-bay passing pilots and fighters making repairs to their ships and transferring weapons and supplies. The pair entered the command room where Generals and Admirals worked on holopads and screens.

"Poe there you are!" Said Leia walking over to him, "Where have you been?"

Poe shrugged, "I was just in my room, why is it you wanted me?"

"I am promoting you Poe, to General Dameron of the resistance." She said smiling at him.

Poe looked at her shocked, "What why?"

"Well I think it's about time you became a General. I have complete faith in you Poe, don't let me down." Leia answered as they walked over to the largest hologram which had the new Death Star on display.

"Thank you General Organa it is an honour." Said Poe formally.

"Oh for goodness sake Poe enough with the formalities." Said Leia with a chuckle.

"I'm going to see how Rose is doing." Said Finn turning to leave.

"Okay I'll see you later then." Said Poe facing him.

Finn nodded, "Yes I'll see you later." He left the room and walked down the corridor to the medical bay, unable to stop thinking about Poe.

********************************
Rey clashed her lightsaber against Ben's pushing against it. Ben pushed back causing Rey to lean back being careful not to lose balance and fall.

She ducked, avoiding the red lightsaber before force pushing Ben into the corner of the room disarming him in the process.

Ben raised his hands in defeat, "Okay! Okay! You win." He said with a laugh.

Rey switched of her lightsaber and attached it back onto her belt before walking over to Ben. She reached out and helped him up. "Your getting better." Said Ben as they sat down on a bench to rest.

"So are you." Said Rey in response, "You don't use your anger like you used to."

Ben nodded, "For generations the sith have been taught to do use their anger."

They sat in silently for a few moments, "How do you stop people from reading your mind?" Rey asked.

Ben paused before answering wondering how to word such a complex answer. "Well I suppose the easiest way to explain is it's like you are putting up walls in front of your thoughts, like a force barrier."

"And how do you do that?"

"You concentrate on using the force to push away the person trying to read your mind." Said Ben turning and facing her.

"Okay, let's try it then." Said Rey eagerly.

"Rey are you sure about this?" Ben asked.

Rey nodded, "Yes I need to be prepared, so don't go easy on me."

Ben hesitated, "Okay but tell me if it becomes to much, push your most precious memories to the back of your mind and create a defensive barrier."

Rey nodded, "Okay." Slowly she closed her eyes and began to focus on keeping her memories locked away. She waited for Ben to try and enter her mind, it wouldn't be the first time he'd down it. But she was unsure if he had ever down it like this, she had been able to fight back previous times, what could be different this time.

Suddenly she felt an incredible force attempting to enter her mind. She pushed back against it but the strength of the attack was painful. Yet she continued to push back against it. Her barrier became stronger and she knew the attack was weakening. Then another strong push came forward it was to strong for her, her barriers broke down and she could feel Ben searching through her mind, her head hurt from the pain. She opened her eyes and Ben opened his. "I'm sorry." Ben said immediately.

"No it's fine." Said Rey moving her hand to her head.

"You were doing really well though, it was nearly impossible to get through." Said Ben.

Rey nodded, "I think I just need to lie down for a while."

"Okay." Said Ben standing and helping her up.

They held hands and walked out of the weapons room towards their bedrooms. "What are we Rey?" Ben asked as they let go of each others hands to avoid anyone noticing.

"I don't know Ben."
********************************
I'M SORRY!!!! I know I haven't updated in forever! I just started back at school so things have been hectic I also had writers block which didn't help. But today I'm off school so hopefully I will be able to work on the next chapter so you will have another one very soon.

Comment and Vote xx