FIVE

Hours had passed since Danny mysteriously died and I still couldn't wrap my head around everything that happened. Megan called the police and when they arrived, I watched them take pictures of Danny's corpse and study it to find the cause of death. The blood oozing from the hole at the center of his forehead had dried up and caused a garnet stain on the white tiles. I sat on a chair, a cup of coffee Megan had bought for me in one hand, and the other in my mouth as I bit my finger nails nervously.

Frank had arrived early that morning and so had the rest of the staff, although they had been asked to move downstairs. Most of them glanced at me before getting into the elevator and I couldn't quite tell what they thought although I knew it wasn't good. As I watched Frank speak to a female police officer, I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Megan giving me an encouraging smile. I could tell she was trying to stay happy and positive as usual, despite the situation. I wasn't as optimistic as she was.

At first, I thought it was possible that I could be blamed for the crime when I didn't even know what happened. One-minute Danny was in front of me about to rape me and the next, he was on the floor- dead. I looked back at a group of officers studying a hole in one of the windows and then back at Danny's corpse being fit into a white body bag- then I realized he had been murdered by someone else. I wasn't lucky or anything like that. Danny had been killed.

The sound of the elevator opening distracted me from my thoughts and quickly, Stacy and Noah bust into the floor. Stacy was the first to notice me where I sat and she rushed towards me with Noah behind her. I placed the cup of coffee on a desk and stood.

"Oh my God Bella", Stacy reached out to hug me. I buried my face in her shoulder, "what happened?"

"I don't know", I mumbled. The tears began to escape my eyes again. I thought it wasn't possible to cry again as much as I did when Megan arrived and we had to wait for the police but seeing Stacy and Noah with fear in their eyes struck the same nerves again.

Stacy released me and studied my face, "I'm so sorry", she said softly, "it's okay. You're safe now okay?"

I nodded and turned to look at Noah. He sighed; concern etched on his face. He pulled me into a tight hug, his palm rubbing my hair slowly, "I'm just glad you're okay", he said in a comforting tone.

"Hi, I'm Megan!", Megan introduced quickly, startling Stacy, "I was the one who called you", she added, flashing a grin at them.

"Oh", Stacy said staring at Megan, then me, then back at Megan, "do you know what happened?", she asked.

"No", Megan shrugged, "I forgot a couple of stuff in the office so I came back and saw Danny lying in a pool of his own blood", she looked away.

"Miss storm, I'm detective Mathers", a voice said, interrupting us.

I turned to look at the woman and saw it was the same officer Frank had been talking to. She had her blonde hair packed in a bun with a serious look on her face. She was dressed in a pair of black pants and a baby blue shirt with long sleeves folded up to her elbow. In her hand was a notepad and a pen.

"Can I ask you a couple of questions?", she asked, glancing at the other, "alone?"

Stacy, Noah and Megan took the hint and walked away quickly.

She gestured for me to sit in front of a desk and sat across from me.

"Am I in trouble?", I asked as she sat.

She chuckled and shook her head, "luckily no", she said, "we had access to the security cameras and we were able to see everything that happened", she added, "I'm so sorry that this happened to you Miss Storm"