EPILOGUE

The ringing sound pulled me out of my thoughts. I glanced around me; it was my phone.

I took it out of my bag and glanced at the screen, it was an unknown number so picked it up, "hello"

"Hey Bella"

'Megan!", I exclaimed, "how are you?", I asked in an excited tone.

I hadn't seen or heard from Megan in weeks and it was really nice to finally hear her voice. She had disappeared after his death along with Ace and the rest of the men.

"I'm fine", she said," I'm so glad you're okay"

"Yeah, I'm glad you're fine too", I said, "I'm in at the company actually", I glanced at the elevator buttons.

"You're back at work?"

"I'm starting today", I grinned as the elevator doors opened. I was met with familiar faces. They regarded me knowingly as I walked out. I smiled at me.

"That's great Bella", Megan said, "say hi to Frank for me"

I chuckled as I walked towards Frank's office. I noticed people whispering and staring at me. I tried to keep my head up. "It won't be the same without you"

"I'm sorry I didn't call, I had to wait until the cops reduced their investigations"

"I understand". I knew I was being watched by the police as well but I didn't care, it made me feel safe.

"I'll try to see you soon Bella", she said, "bye"

"Bye", I hung up and took a deep breath before knocking the door.

"Come in", I heard.

I opened the door and walked into the room.

Frank's office was painted grey which a huge window on the opposite side on the door. In front of the window stood a large mahogany desk with a computer on it. Files, book, large stacks of papers being down by a paper weight and a framed picture sat on it. The air condition sent made goosebumps rise on my skin immediately and I shivered slightly. In one corner, a wooden bookshelf stood with books outlined on it. Frank sat behind the desk, engrossed in his work. He looked up at me as I shut the door.

"Miss Storm!", he grinned, "am I glad you're back!"

I smiled at him, "feels good to be back", I said. I meant it. I needed a distraction and work always did that for me.

"Your temporary replacement was not half the secretary you are", he said, "good to see you again", he added, "you may go on and start now"

He turned back to his desk and I shook my head. He still hadn't changed. Was my temporary replacement not his niece?

I turned and walked out of the office. My desk stood just outside Frank's door. I glanced at it and walked to it. I placed my bag on it. Everything seemed to be in order, almost the way I left it. I ran my fingers over the wooden desk and remembered the last time I was here. I looked up at the window Felix had shot through. It was fixed and the hole was no longer there. Like it had never happened. I looked behind me and the spot where Danny had me cornered- it had been cleaned and it was not spotless.

I took a deep breath and motioned to sit behind the desk. It all seemed so strange, like this was my first time ever. I looked around, at the faces gazing at me. I wondered what they were thinking.

The phone on my desk rang, distracting me for a brief moment. I picked it up and placed it on my ear.

"Leotti industries. Frank's Leotti's office. How may I help you?", I said in the nicest voice I could muster.

"Princess..."

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes opened wide. I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not, if I was making it up in my head or not. I had to have been hallucinating but it sounded too real.

"Wade?", I said softy. I prayed silently that I wasn't dreaming. A brief silence followed but every second that passed, I was on the edge of my seat. I needed to hear him again- to be sure that I wasn't dreaming. I heard rustling before he spoke again.

"Missed me?"

——————
Thanks for the votes, comments and reads so far.
I hope you enjoyed the story❤️
Don't forget to follow me here on wattpad and on Instagram if you're a lover of poetry @the.pen.addict
________________________________

His Bella - The Sequel is out now on my profile.

Wade will battle old demons in a bid to protect his new life with Bella from the storms surrounding his past life

They thought it was over.
But it never really is.

________________________________

Also check out my new book FATE on my profile

Fate, DestinyThe fixed order of thingsAn irresistible power or force conceived of as determining the future

Fate, Destiny
The fixed order of things
An irresistible power or force conceived of as determining the future.
The effect and consequence of decisions made during a man's lifetime.

17 year old Jonah Locke doesn't care much about the effects of his decisions on his fate but everything changes the day he meets Brooke Collins.
___________________________
Love you!
Adraine.