were you trying to kill yourself?

3 months later...

Eddie's POV

It's been three months since I suggested taking a break from Richie. He hasn't texted, called, or visited since. I haven't seen him since. No one has.
•••
I pick my phone eyeballing to see if I'd find any messages from Richie.
None. It made me hurt to know he didn't want me. It was all my fault. If i just would've given him the chance to explain, to talk in person, maybe it would all be different. For the past 3 weeks I've been by myself. No friends, no nothing. I don't want that right now.
I look out my window and see my jeep staring at me. Cars don't stare, but it looked like it was pleading with me to go to out with it, which i haven't done in 4 months. I just let it sit there, like me, waiting for Richie's arrival. Then, I think, why not go to Richie's house? So that's exactly what i do, i get my ass of the couch, march to my jeep, and drive down to Richie's house.

Knock. No answer. Knock Knock. No answer. Knock Knock Knock. No answer. I try the door knob, as i push on it the door opens. I roll my eyes in dissapointment.

"Richie? Richie can we talk?" Again no answer. So i walk up the stairs, slowly walking down the hallway, which was dirty like it hasn't been cleaned in months.

"Richie omigod!" I yell. All the way down the hallway, was Richie in his room, pills in one hand, whiskey in the other.

"Eddie?" A drugged Richie called to me. His skin was pale and he looked cold, but my eyes stayed glued to the drugs. Wentworth Tozier was the name it read. Those weren't his pills, did he know those weren't his pills? "Want some?" He asked me, shaking both; the pills and whiskey.

"T-the p-pills-- t-they aren't y-yours. They're your dads..." i muttered, each word tasting bitter. He just rolled his eyes, "why're you here Eddie?"
I looked at him for a while wondering why I'm here too. "I haven't seen you in a while Richie. No one has. Is this.... is this how you've been spending your time?" My eyes begin to linger on the pack of cigarettes sitting on the dresser.

"You left me Eddie."

"You were jealous of your best friend! Who does that."

"Someone who was in love."

"Was?"

Richie turned to me, his blood shot eyes staring into mine.

Richie's POV

"Sometimes love goes away." I say to the curly haired boy, who was now on the verge of tears. His fist were clutched together, and his face went pale.

"I still love you Richie. You weren't answering me or anything. I felt lonely." He began to ramble on to me. He sat next to me on my bed leaning his head on my shoulder. "Don't tell me our love died Richie, please." We stared at the wall in front of us. It was blank, like my mind. I felt Eddie's fingers intertwine with mine. His warmth on my cold body felt good. It felt really good.
but good wasn't enough.
---
hey sorry about that i really didn't feel like writing this it took three days because i didn't know what to do with the ending so yeet. okieeee byeeee