Chapter 5

-Lyrica's POV

Awesome, now I have to walk my ass back to the house. When he told me that they might be in the game room, I stared at him. The game room is on the ground floor of the mansion meaning from the tennis court back to the house to an elevator. That's too much, especially with wearing a long-ass gown and three-inch heels.

But I eventually did walk there. The temperature outside is probably 78°F, so the heat didn't get to me but my feet sure did. I fell twice before I got inside the house. I was happy that nobody saw, but if they heard my laughter then I'd quickly head into a nearby bush and possibly die from embarrassment. Regardless, I made it to the game room and it looks copacetic. I like the pool table and the TV, but the pool table was the main object that had my attention the longest. Too bad I don't know how to play.

The first person I laid eyes on was Miss Winthrop, who was sitting on the couch with two other maids

The first person I laid eyes on was Miss Winthrop, who was sitting on the couch with two other maids. She quickly stood up and came over to me.

"I have to apologize for what I said. That was rude of me and I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions," she admits.

"Oh no! It's a'ight," I rushed out. "I mean all right! I heard a lot worse back home." 

She looked stunned when I brushed it off. I mean it's not the first time someone calls me out of my name. Mama always told me to either let it affect me or ignore it. So I chose the latter.

"Still, it was disrespectful of me to say that to you," she mutters.

"Hey, Clara, who's that?", a man who looks about twenty-four asks.

"Oh! This is Lyrica," she answered, "She's the new maid that Domenico hired."

He introduced himself and pointed to everyone in the room, naming everyone and their positions. Clara, Meelaaney, and Nera are maids. Clara is the boss while Nera is second in command. Duncan and Osgood are butlers. Lucian is the chef. Gavin is the outdoor cleaner and gardener. Buchanan is the mechanic and head of security. Lastly, Munro is the chauffeur.

They shared their stories of how they got this job. From what I gathered they know absolutely nothing about Domenico's connections to the Tigano mafia or that he's a hitman. I think Buchanan, Clara, Munro, and Nera do. Throughout their stories, their auras were shifting to a dark orange color; meaning that they were lying. Oh well, I'll act like I don't know either.

All I said was that Mr. Giordano wanted me to work as Domenico's personal maid. The others stared at me with amazement, since everyone was interviewed by Clara or Nera, never by the Giordano family. 

Well, I guess I was lucky...

Anyway, questions flew to me from different mouths like a sudden speed round. Meelaaney and Duncan were the most excited, most of their questions were pretty basic. Like how I came to know Mr. Giordano, if I dyed my hair, if I'm Domenico's latest sex partner, and so on. I answer each one as honestly as I can.