Chapter 9

Song Title: Juice by Lizzo

-Lyrica's POV

"Don't you think Mr. Giordano seems a little...off today?", Meelaaney asked, watching me pour smoothie in to her cup.

"What do you mean?", I replied as I hand the cup to her.

"She meant his behavior.", Gavin spoken softly.

"His behavior?", I question as I sat beside him.

Since we didn't have anything to do at the moment, we sat in the nook sipping smoothies I made. Clara and Rosemarie went to the store with Osgood and Lucian to get some ingredients for tomorrow's dinner party and Buck on vacation; I think today is last day too.

Gavin, Duncan, Meelaaney, and I decided to sit and chat. Our conversation first started with friendly banter about 'Killer Karaoke' and which contestant's challenge we couldn't do. But now we're on the subject of Dommy boy.

"Come on, Rikki. You been with the man day in and day out.", Meelaaney reason.

I shook my head, because I still don't understand what they're talking about.

"This morning, you didn't yell at him for waking up early or about skipping breakfast. He waited downstairs for his lunch boxes before he went into the office. He even ate breakfast in the living room!", Duncan listed.

"I see what you mean.", I said as I sip my smoothie, "Maybe he finally opened his ears and listen to what I've been sayin' to him."

"Or maybe he want to get on your good graces so he can get a piece that fat ass.", Meelaaney murmurs as she sips her drink.

I rolled my eyes so hard, I damn near got 'em stuck. Meela really want me to be his woman hell everyone did besides Buck. For some odd reason, he said I look like the type to date guys WAY older than me, like 30+. Domenico and Paolo are 24 and I never dated someone that was three years older/younger than me. But I dismissed it because I thought it was a joke due to his tone.

"Whatever Meela."

"Rikki it could be true. Miss Winthrop did say she saw Mr. Giordano carrying you up to your room last night and to be honest, that's completely out of character for him.", Gavin softly notes while his German accent slowly begins to show.

"Off chance he wanted to do somethin' nice?", I ask.

My question was meet with laughter, like slap on the knee laughter. Two minutes pass by and they're still going. The lack of positivity from the boss man is something else.

"Whew! Rikki, you can really be funny sometimes.", Duncan laughed.

"I was bein' serious."

"Oh! Well...."

Gavin placed his hand on mine, "Mr. Giordano isn't a man who will be generous for the sake of it. Unless he can get something from somebody. The only time he is considered friendly is to Miss Esposito, Winthrop, and his family."

"We're strictly on genuine worker status. But even so, all of us is family!", Meela grins as she grabs our cups.

Family. I miss mine, they can see theirs but I only get to face-time with them from my phone or tablet. I miss the little sounds that litter the house. Momma's humming, dad's snores, Mimi giggles, the twin's playlist playing, and the triplet's free thought sessions. God! The house was alive with people but here its different.

Once they leave, most of the time Clara and Rosemarie goes to their rooms and sleep. Makes me believe I'm back at that place again. Once I felt Gavin tapped my hand and the music playing, I knew I wasn't. It's bright and colorful not bleak and depressing.