Chapter 13

Song Title: Everybody Mad by O.T. Genasis Ft. Beyoncé

-Lyrica's POV

I still can't stop thinking about the men's comments. Truly I heard a lot over the past four years. Saying that one will get my pussy and the other get my ass at the same time. Bruh, straight tag team action! People are bold and freaky nowadays! Anyway, the other wrestlers seems more...bloodthirsty. But those two wrestlers are probably doing this for entertainment value.

I look over at Paolo, he's talking to another sponsor, then to the clock. It's 11:30, my first match is in fifteen minutes and my next one is at 2:45. I know the reporters are gonna swarm us, once everyone realized 'Peppy' is here then all hell will break lose. I wonder if I still have my fans, they did make the matches more bearable. Also, the mini interviews were kinda fun. But this could be a different ball-field, I could be in a survival game and that isn't good. Those survival courses are brutal! 

"Let's go.", I heard Paolo as he grab my hand and basically drag me from that room.

"Stop draggin' me!", I hissed.

"No. The match is gonna begin with a few minutes, so I need you to go the stage now.", Paolo directed as he took off to the luxury boxes. 

He left at the platform near the entrance of the stage. I watch as he leave before looking at the radiating lights that flash off the metal cage and around the arena. I pulled my top down again before sighing, "The sooner I win, the better."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Paolo's POV

As I set foot inside the match's luxury suite, I already see the opponent's sponsors taking their seats and looking over the bets. 

I went to sit on a bar stool and examine the others

I went to sit on a bar stool and examine the others. There were a total of five sponsors for this one guy, all were the same though. Loud and obnoxious. Their mouths only carry the scent of bacteria and must and their forehead greasy while their faces were as dry and red like apples. Their dark hair slicked back and their beards are decently trimmed; in addition, their abdominous frame tells me that they prefer meals more than exercise. 

History shows that money can lead to obesity and it did not fail to teach me that today. Looking up at the screen that's closest to me, I see both Lyrica's and a bald pale bearded slender man on the screen. Next to the picture is a timer and under each picture is their stage name, bets, and win to lose ratio. Currently, Lyrica, or in this case, Peppy, has only twenty-five losses under her belt meanwhile The Mirage has only seventeen. It seems that Lyrica is taking the lead with 504 while The Mirage has 499. Above their pictures is the total amount of money that the sponsor will get which is $3,560.

"You must be Peppy's new sponsor huh?", one spoke. 

'New sponsor?', I thought as I glance over his appearance.