T h r e e

America pov:

I tried my resolute best to catch what he was saying as my eyes followed his lip movements yet no sound seemed to come out. I got lost in those deep teal green eyes and soon, I blinked trying to tune back to reality. "...And so I want to propose to you," that is what hit me hard, blowing the very required air right out of my lungs leaving me breathless only to realize what he was saying and attempting to follow on. "W-what," I stuttered, still unable to regain my composure as I was taken aback; I looked at him mortified, unsure of what to say next.

I was pretty certain I heard wrong; obviously he couldn't be asking me such big of a favor. "Excuse me?" I kept replaying the conversation in my head. I had thought that I would be disgusted at the simple idea of it, but soon I realized that there was nothing holding me back anymore ... he chose Kriss ... it was all pretty little lies ... he never loved me ... it was a waste of time; I should have known better - he is and always will be stuck up and shallow; some people never change, I reasoned. A leopard can't change its spots, I'd say.

"Nicholas...umm...your majesty" he nodded encouragingly, telling me to continue; the look in his eyes showcased an eagerness to hear what I was about to say next "I...I...honestly don't have any words". Nicholas looked at me sincerely, "Its okay if you do not know what to say, I don't even know what I was thinking, I just ... thought ... you know ... I shouldn't have asked actually, I should have thought about your situation and...umm you're still getting over Maxon and we barely know each other. Its completely fine if you reject my request, I never expected a yes anyway" he said rambling on, with the tips of his ears turning a bright shade of red as he was clearly nervous and maybe even distraught.

If it were a lighter situation I would have laughed at his anxiety and jetty-ness but I really debated about this ... why should I just waste my life mourning over someone I couldn't call my own and who deceived and twisted a very special aspect to me; love. But there is one thing I know for sure ... and that's that this decision will change my entire life.

------------------------------

A/N: I know this chapter is on the shorter side sorry for that chapter four will be longer thank you for reading and have a nice day