T h i r t y - t w o

America's POV

"Kids! Come on, I have one more surprise for you guys," I exclaimed, making them squeal in excitement and come rushing towards me. Clutching on to my legs, they almost made me tumble over, but Nic was quick to react. Placing his hand on my back allowing me to steady myself, he smiled comfortably at me. I hated the fact that I wasn't allowed to wear sneakers, these 5 inch heels made me want to drown myself.

I grinned at him when he started giving me concerned looks.

Overprotective husbands, how can you not fall in love with them.

"Thanks, "I said softly, pecking his cheek. Before I could assure him I didn't break anything, Eadlyn was at me.

"Mommyyy!" She whined, stomping her foot on the ground. She definitely got that from me. Oops.

"Sweetie, patience," I told the eager little girl, raking my fingers through her hair, combing it out. It always seem to tangled itself, especially with her jumping around.

"Okay, so guess who booked tickets all the way to Hawaii!!" Finally letting the news out, I bite my lips to prevent from squealing; I think my two beautiful kids can do that enough for me.

"Wait, what?" His voice almost shook, eyebrows furrowed while his forehead creased.

"Well..." I gulp nervously, not really taking his tone that well. I continue, "I pulled a few strings and with a little help from your mom, I planned everything and bought the tickets. We're going to be staying in a more secluded part of the island," I finished, my nerves getting the best of me as I ramble on, hoping he didn't mind the unexpected announcement.

"America, darling... love; I know you are really excited for this... but I have important paper work that I haven't even touched-" I knew the exact moment his mind changed when he saw me getting worried.

"You know what; I'll finish it somehow, don't stress," the way his eyes softened when he said that made me feel like the most cared for person in the world.

"Besides, I won't miss the first vacation with the kids," he smiled, though it looked like he had aged with all the exhaustion with just the thought of all the work.

He pulled me in for a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head in my neck, breathing in deeply and nuzzling until I felt his smile on my skin.

"You don't have to worry. I can reschedule it," I suggested, not wanting for him to stress. Putting one of my hands in his hair, I pulled his strands of hair lightly until he relaxed completely, as I rubbed his back with my other hand.

"Nonsense, love, we will go, I promise," he said, now raising his head and resting his chin on my head.

"But-" His hands moving all over my body, one clutching my waist to him, pressing us even closer than we were before, his other hand brushing my chest until he was sure I got the point, made me almost forget what I was going to say.

Almost.

I narrowed my eyes. "Nicholas, I'm serious, I really don't want you over working yourself-" I felt by breath shudder as his lips gazed the spot between my neck and shoulder, my hands around his neck now clutching to him.

"Mommyy," Ahren whined while struggling to get on the swing.

Blinking, it took me a few seconds to return back to reality.

"No buts my love, you're not gonna change my mind. So don't try it. Besides, what could be better than spending my time with my beautiful wife and kids alone on a piece of land in the middle of the ocean," his eyes turned darker when he said alone. It felt like he was stopping himself from racking my body with his eyes, as if he knew what the result would be if he did.