T w e n t y - f o u r

America's POV:

I stopped talking mid-way to some of the ladies in the ball, as I suddenly felt strange pricks and weird sensations all over my body - and not the good kind. Throwing a quick apologetic glance at cutting our conversation short to the ladies, I trudged my way over towards where Nicholas was standing talking to King Clarkson. The moment he laid his eyes on me, he immediately rushed to me, already knowing something was wrong. 

Breathing suddenly became much harder as I slightly panted heavily.

"Nicholas ... I feel sick, I'm going to leave," I mumbled as Nicholas rubbed my back gently while I was clutching my stomach tightly to reduce the pain. Not that it seemed to be helping.

"Ok love ... are you sure you don't want me to come?" He said, his eyebrows raised as concern swam within his features and eyes squinted analyzing me.

I nodded hastily while I tried to get to get away from this crowded ballroom. I started speed walking towards the doors, getting stopped here and there to get a compliment about my dress, but I tried to make it as quick as possible. My body not being able to bear the pain any longer.

"America dear, would you accompany me with a danc-" Maxon asked grinning while holding my wrist gently to stop my walk, but stopping mid-way as he frowned when he took in my no doubt pale face and slightly trembling figure. 

"Max - I got to go," I muttered. The moment I felt my stomach churning making me want to throw up, I slid out of his grip and ran as fast as I could without attracting attention. I faintly heard him say 'America wait' but I didn't give a care as I burst through the doors frantically searching for the ladies bathroom.

I opened the door of the bathroom quickly kneeling over the toilet and throwing my contents in it. In the midst of that, I felt a hand holding my hair up and rubbing my back gently in circles soothing me slightly. As I got up to wash my mouth in the sink wanting to get rid of the horrid taste, I just felt even more churning which made me lean down and throw up again. 

"America dear are you alright?" Maxon spoke while I leaned against the wall calming myself- 

I started to feel dizzy so I closed my eyes taking deep breaths but it was useless, I could feel myself slowly losing consciousness. 

"Maxon ... hospital," I whispered, barely audible, gradually losing control of my limbs as they felt uncomfortably heavy and my senses dwindling, I felt more drowsy than ever. I barely felt his hand slide underneath my legs and my back holding me firmly to his chest while I slid my hand around his neck for some sort of support. I felt his breath against my neck which sent shivers down my spine. The position would've definitely gotten a reaction out of me if I wasn't so close to going off the edge.

"America it will be alright," he said as I slowly blacked out my eyes shutting slowly.

--Time Skip--

I woke up to the sound of beeps in the background which I then realized was the heart monitor beside me as I opened my eyes. Though I soon regretted the decision as bright light entered my vision making me close my eyes tightly, waiting for my eyes to adjust a bit as I opened them slowly. As I looked around, I immediately recognized that we were in the hospital wing. 

"Doctor Ashlar, is she alright?" Maxon's familiar voice asked as he soon invaded my eyesight. 

"Yes she is, but the details I can provide to her first and then she can decide whether to tell you or not," Doctor Ashlar spoke, nearing me.

"Ahh, I see you have woken up, Your Majesty," He said, bowing slightly. 

"Yes," I replied hoarsely, not having used my voice for a long period of time. 

"Well, that is good to hear! I have your report but do you want Prince Maxon to hear it too?" he asked as I gave him a nod telling him to continue. 

"Ok then, I have checked your vitals - everything seems to be fine. It's only that ..." I had a feeling he paused deliberately to make us miserable in suspense.

"It's only what?" Maxon and I shouted simultaneously, causing Dr Ashlar to grin more widely before he continued.

 "It seems to be that a little human being in your stomach didn't like the food you consumed," Dr Ashlar said smiling softly. 

I blinked.

Little human ... in my ... oh!

Oh!

Ohhhhhhh!

I looked over at Maxons face that seemed to have shock written all over it, knowing mine had a similar expression. 

"Whaa ... you mean I'm preg - pregnant," I said cautiously my eyes widening slowly as I saw the doctor nod happily. 

"I called the King, he will arrive shortly," the doctor said. Instantly as if on cue I heard the doors open. 

"America?" Nicholas stammered, rushing over to me, searching for injuries and questions upon questions leaving his mouth about what happened and if I'm alright. 

"I'm-I'm ... pregnant," I whispered. 

I saw many emotions cross his face yet I couldn't exactly pinpoint one. 

I waited silently for his response, scared as ever, not exactly sure how he would take the news. Would he be mad? Did he think it was too soon? Was he happy, ecstatic? Hell, I myself didn't know how to take the news as I was still unsure myself - my brain still yet not registering that I was pregnant. 

I saw a smile light up his face as a grin crossed his lips. His arms instantly wrapped around me hugged me tightly. whispered

"I have always wanted to have children," he murmured, his voice filled with shock, awe and disbelief, tears escaping his glossy eyes while I offered him a small smile, laughing at his excitement. 

"I can't believe it," he said, lightly pecking my lips before pressing his lips on my stomach then returned to holding me while mumbling incoherent words into my hair. 

In the corner of my eye, I saw Maxon looking down at the ground while he said lowly "I can't believe it too," which I'm sure I wasn't supposed to hear as he walked away slowly. His footsteps were heavy as he dragged his feet across the room towards the door, his eyes stuck to the ground as if he was in a stance. 

"I love you soo much America," Nicholas whispered in my ear.

I didn't have the energy to reply back as the news finally dawned on me.

I was pregnant. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! We apologize wholeheartedly for not being able to update last week, as Paige was out of the country during the holidays and as for me, Noelle, my wifi stopped working for a week as we were having some problems and it just returned yesterday around midnight.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and please vote if you did so!

~P&N~