E l e v e n

Nicholas's POV:

She said yes to the wedding, I couldn't believe it. It felt as if this was all surreal, and someone would wake me up from this dream to the harsh reality awaiting. But no ... reality was finally better than my fantasy! I was beyond ecstatic and exuberant. My mouth decided this moment to stop functioning anymore. I know it was rushed, more rushed than the usual couples of 'we-met-1-month-ago-but-we-are-already-in-love', but all I really wanted was to make her mine ... but did she feel the similar rush in her veins as i did for this wedding? How is it so easy to move on so briskly ... or maybe she didn't love Maxon at all ... however that was the least of my worries! Yet I knew Maxon would choose America; he was always voicing his thoughts, about how amazing she is and how she plays hard to get, he's always gushing about how perfect of a queen she would be. I still remember that one call I received at about 5 in the afternoon, his voice was shaky, it almost sounded like he was guilty.

*flashback*

"Ni-Nicholas," Maxon whispered ."Hey Maxi, what's up bro, annnddd what about America?," I said, trying to be the supportive best friend and be happy for the both of them. But really, I admired America from afar, she was like the woman of every man's dream; i couldn't help myself. Nicoletta described her as an amazing, gorgeous and beyond perfect kind of person. She was rooting for America everytime she would watch the selection when it aired on TV, with a huge bowl of popcorn on her lap where she would fangirl and squeal when a 'maxerica' moment came. At least that's what she called it, she told me it was called a ship name. I just simply shook my head at her antics with a slight smile on my face when i would catch a glimpse of America.

I tried being interested in what she was saying- "Am-am-erica," Maxon whimpered into the phone, breaking me away from my thoughts. "Maxon, are you ok? What happened?" I demanded. Me being me; I jumped to conclusions and thought the rebels caught her and that she was in deep jeopardy. "He died," he replied. "Who?", I questioned, confused. "America's father, Nicholas ... he died ... She's going to leave the palace tomorrow" he cried out. "WHAT!" At that moment I couldn't find it in me to care that he lost her. All I could think about was how she would be dealing with the pain of loosing such an important figure from her life. I can't even live without my father, he was always there for me. I can't even imagine the tremendous horror she must be going through, living a nightmare.

"Not like that, she's just going for the funeral. I just hope she decides to come back ... its already been a day and I'm already going crazy without her," he said sadly. "Bro, are you kidding me? You could have called me yesterday," I responded, being the caring friend I am ."Father," he said in a hard, emotionless tone and hung up. I understood immediately.

*flashback ends*

Was King Clarkson right when he said she wanted power?! Did she not want to give us a chance at all?! Why am I still kissing her?! But I couldn't seem to get why I didn't stop?! I just wanted more ...  Just as I was about to say something, the door flung open and I almost dropped America. Jeez, that would have been bad, by bad I mean horrendous. 

I turned around to face my little sister standing there with her mouth slightly agape. "GET OUT!!!", I exclaimed but she stood frozen in shock over there. I was pretty sure she never walked in on a steamy scene ... especially of her brother, me. I felt America slide out of my grip onto the ground, I think she felt the tension between Nicoletta and I because I was practically shooting daggers at her with my eyes. "Wait," I whispered into her ear as she was looking at the floor embarrassed, with her cheeks tinted a beautiful shade of pink and gave me a small nod.

 I motioned for Nicoletta to follow me while my heart beat at a furious rate at what would have occurred. My face held a stern expression as my eyes darkened with fury. I closed the door, trying my best not to let out my frustration on the innocent object, as we walked out. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" I shouted at her in outrage! Though I received no answer as she looked dumbfounded. "For goodness sake, you aren't even married yet and...and ... ! And who knows how far you would have taken it if I didn't come in," she whisper-yelled, in almost the same outrageousness as I had. "Just - just leave and Don't. You. Dare. Mention. This. To. ANYONE! Got it"I snapped, I said that while trying to regain my composure. She looked like she wanted to say more, but after having a peek at my expression, she gently shut her mouth with no complaint, nodded and walked away. After taking a few deep breathes to calm myself down, I went into America's room and saw she was looking out at the forest. She didn't seem to notice me so I took this as an opportunity.

 I stood behind her and got down on one knee. "America?" I questioned, she turned around and immediately her hands covered her mouth while her face took an expression of shock. "I just thought you might need a proper ring, you know, soo ... will you marry me?" I opened the box revealing a ring encrusted in diamonds with a pear shaped rose quartz gem in the middle. She gasped, "No ... no, Nicholas I can't," she said quietly, causing my grin to falter. I frowned, didn't she say 'yes' a few days back? My head tilted to the side in confusion as I couldn't comprehend what was going through that pretty little head of hers.

Her eyes widened as she realized what she said and shook her head, "I didn't mean it like that. I meant the ring," she said, pointing to the ring as she continued. "It's really too much! You shouldn't have gone through all that trouble," she uttered, as she gazed at the ring in pure adoration, as the light hit it from different directions, making it glitter and and shine otherworldly. My body flushed with relief when what she said sunk in, and my grin returned full force. "But a girl as stunning as you deserves it," she blushed slightly at that. "So what do you say" I said hopefully. She nodded shyly, I removed the ring out of the box and slid it gently on her finger. She looked at the ring awed, "I didn't really think of what I said ... I mean ... you know ... I ju-", I cut her off with a kiss. She looked at me in surprise, to which I replied smoothly, "People usually kiss after they propose," I joked, with an amusing grin on my lips. She giggled, her voice echoing through out the room. It sounded so melodious yet strong, enough to bring a man down to his knees.

 "It's getting late and you need your sleep, my dear," she gulped and hesitated. "Have I offended you, my dear?" I questioned, the pain in her eyes just made me even more curious and cautious. "Umm...I...I... don't like being called...m-my...dear," she said stammering. "Why?" I asked. She sucked in a breath, "Umm...um...well...Ma-Maxon called me that," she said in a soft tone, yet only a deaf would not be able to detect the hurt and pain behind those words. Of course he did, I mentally shook my head at my silliness. "I'm sorry I didn't realize," I said, she gave me a weak smile in return.

------------------------------------

We hope you liked this chapter and have a nice day. Btw we know the ring isn't much but it's the thought that counts right? And did you get why we chose to use a rose quartz ...... well that's because if you know Americas full name is; America rose singer, when she gets married she becomes a quartz therefore: America rose quartz. Thanks for reading. Can u believe we are almost at 500. Byeeeee. 

Authorsmakinghistory out

*drops mic*