E i g h t

Maxon's POV:

"Just show yourself out of the door. Right. Now" she said, her tone was filled with so many emotions, it made me want to break down with her. I knew better though; all this was my fault, I was the selfish rascal who broke her heart to the point of maybe no repair and brought destruction to her soul ... NO! I couldn't think like that, there would a good ending for all of us, it didn't matter how I would do that, but then and there I promised myself to make sure America gets an ending filled with endless joy and happiness. Her happiness was mine ... and furthermore her pain was mine. A tear glided across my cheek at the thought of what I'd to her.

Even though I had the strong urge to comfort her and whisper sweet little nothings into her ear while telling her everything was going to be alright at the end of the day, I didn't have the heart to, how could I tell her that when even I knew it was an immense falsehood ... I was lost in this disarray just like her. Stupid dilemmas always appear at the worst of times; but this time it was all on me, I raged furiously. I walked towards the door and opened it ... and shook my head because what I was going to do could either make things worse ... or turn them for the better. I hoped tremendously for the latter, I deliberated, with my fingers crossed behind my back. Pausing for a few seconds, I shut the door and turned around, preparing for the worst. Yet no amount of preparation could have saved me for what happened next.

She was breathing heavily; her chest rising rapidly at a too unhealthy rate and her face ... every tear that slid down her cheek caused havoc in my mind and soul ... but mostly it was my heart that broke, especially since I was the one who caused her to reach this level. I contemplated about my next move, cause after all, I had no clue on how to act around crying, hysterical woman. The sight before me shattered me down more than anything ever could and then the waterfalls started in my eyes too. I took slow, cautious steps towards her went and put my arms around her.

She flinched at the sudden intact and stepped back. "Did you not here me the first time?" She didn't even give me time to retaliate back, "GET OUT!", she boomed. I frowned, startled by the sudden change in her character and the unexpected burst of anger in her. I opened my mouth, with the intention of saying anything, everything, to just calm her down or to make her understand (the irony though, when even I didn't understand anything myself), to just speak but yet again she shut me up by waving a finger in front of face. She laughed humorlessly, and that emotionless tone which should've been filled with joy but was patched up with pain and sadness instead is what told me ... I knew I was ruined.

"As you had told me before, oh so graciously, that you would be more than just ecstatic when I'd be gone and out of your life ... here ... you got what you wanted now, happy?! Are you planning to throw a party as god finally listened to your prayers and answered your wishes?" She silently shook her head and sighed after her rant, finally able to get everything off her chest. "Go wallow in your pit of sorrow, SEE IF I CARE!!!", she spat viciously. I was stupefied. But what hurt me more was the look in her eyes. Just one look in those beautiful orbs of her and you would know she never meant those words ... she was forcing herself to say them; she didn't mean them one bit ... and that broke me down even further, just when I thought my heart had burst ... but before was nothing compared to what I was feeling now. "I am so sorry America I didn't know what I was thinking, I don't even have enough words to tell you how sorry I am, and I know I never will, but please..." I begged for mercy, going down on my knees.

I had never thought I'd see the day where I would be down on my knees for anyone, but for her, the love of my life, I was willing to make all impossibles possible. Oh god, just give me the chance to show her that.

But in return, she just huffed "Stop with your fake sorrys already! I've had enough of them! You don't mean it, you never did and you never will either so just SHUT UP!" But I didn't ... I looked at her, my eyes pleading for her to understand, "but I do, I love you ... since the moment I laid my eyes on you, till my last breath, I always will! Everything that is mine is yours, I ... I ... love you" I contradicted. "If you ever did, then why are we both in this situation smart ass?! Do you have a brain!" She rolled her eyes, but even that motion seemed forced. She was tired. That stung though! She had a way with words like no other but she was right nevertheless. She walked out of the room only to run straight into Nicholas.

He looked at her tear-streaked face and fury washed over him. He looked at me, questioning my presence, "What are you doing here? Or even better, what did you do and why are you here?" he sneered. "Nothing" I lied. "You", he glared with all his might while continuing, "You did this to her! Why would you do this to her after all the hell you have made her go through. Is it not enough? Do you want her to loose her mind and all hope, and succumb to the darkness completely? I don't even think I could ever call you my best friend now...and if this continues ..." The fire in his eyes blazed even brighter as determination set in them, "Forget about Italy and Illéa becoming alliances!" 

After giving his speech, Nicholas leaned in to give America a kiss on the cheek ... only to have them land on her lips instead as America turned her head to look away from me, but they didn't seemed to mind the unforeseen as they continued. I stood there stunned, trying to understand what was going on around me. I felt like gagging but I quickly came back to my senses and walked away from where the scene was taking place, all the while gritting my teeth and trying not stomp my way out of there like a child. It felt as if thousands of knives and daggers were dragged along my heart, as my breathing suddenly started to uneven for the worse. I overheard Nicholas saying, "il mio amore , torniamo in Italia cosa dici?" {my love lets go back to Italy, what do you say?}. "Si", {yes} America gushed! Oh for the love of god why did I decide to learn Italian instead of Spanish. 

-------------------------------------

Hey guys! Just wanted to apologize for not updating last weekend. And i really hope this makes up for that! Consider this an early Thursday update! Thank you, enjoy and have a good day/night!

~N~