F o u r t e e n

America's POV:

I started pacing back and forth in the room, with helplessness gracing every step and increasing as I tried not to burst my rage. This was not supposed to happen! I don't even remember adding him in the guest list. "Lady America, what are we supposed to do?" I inhaled sharply. "So you're telling me that Maxon accepted the invitation that you sent," she nodded in response solemnly. I almost shouted at the poor innocent girl. I practised breathing in and breathing out as I regained my posture. Control yourself America, Control I thought to myself. "Let it be as it is. We can't do anything so it's pointless. Is he attending alone or ..." I trailed off. "No, Lady Kriss will be accompanying him as well," I gulped at hearing that, of course, she would. "Can you please call Prince Nicholas," I questioned. "Of course miss," she replied as she left.

I was about to dive back into the endless wedding planning when I heard a knock. "Come in." It was Nicholas. Everything I worried about suddenly vanished when I saw him. I jumped into his arms. "I missed you," he whispered into my ear whilst holding me tightly. His nose nuzzled the crook of my neck sending delicious shivers down my spine. "Me too," I whispered. He leaned down and his lips met mine; I instantly wanted more, my hands got tangled in his hair as he continued to drive me crazy. His lips left mine and before I could pull them back again, he started to trace my jawline then to my neck, biting, sucking and kissing all way. I let out a moan accidentally and felt him smirk against my neck. I almost swatted him away, but he leaned back to look in my eyes and gave me small smile, as he leaned in again. We moved in sync to the point where I had to break to catch my breath.

"So you were going to ask me something," Nicholas asked huskily, not exactly helping me concentrate as my back arched in response and eyes almost closed in desire. It took me a few moments to bring myself back and ask the question that had been bugging me since I found it. "Well ... Maxon is invited to our wedding." I decided to not beat around the bush as I watched his expression closely. "Is that ok with you?" He slowly raised his hand and started caressing my cheek while I leaned in towards his hand. "I don't mind. I was actually going to ask him to be my best man anyway." Hell no! My eyes almost popped out of their sockets, "Wha-what? Are you serious Nicholas?" I was honestly convinced he was messing with me. "I know you are not so fond of this idea but don't you think it's better to forgive and forget. After all, he is and always will be my best friend. Please understand America, just this once," he pleaded. "Hmm ... ok?" It came out sounding more like a question than an answer but he didn't seem to notice as he gave me a soft smile.

"It's getting late. Why don't we head back to our rooms, Princess? But please, do let me escort you to your's first," he bowed taking a step back and gave me a wink when he raised back up. I chuckled and played along. "Of course, My Prince. The honour shall be all yours," I curtsied teasingly, forgetting all that occurred a few seconds ago. He held his hand out and I took it gladly. Once we reached my room, he opened the door for me letting me enter first. I was going to tell him that I was perfectly capable of opening doors but I let it slide just this once. He happily plopped himself onto my bed telling me to get ready for the night.

--Time Skip--

I walked out of the bathroom wearing a blush pink nightgown. I was pretty sure I saw his jaw drop but he recovered more quickly than I thought possible. As I slid under the warm covers, he stood up and walked towards me, leaning down, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight beautiful," he whispered, as red-coated my cheeks in response. "Goodnight Nicholas," I replied. As he was about to leave, he gave me one of his award winning smiles and closed the door behind him. I really wanted him to stay but I wanted some 'alone time'.

I didn't feel sleepy, not one bit. Honestly, I had more energy in the night than the morning. So I walked towards the balcony, opening the doors, letting the fresh air hit my skin. As I gazed outside, I saw the palace gardens from the corner of my eyes; it reminded me of Maxon and it was a painful memory. I really didn't want to remember any part of that. I felt tears slide down my cheeks. NO! I thought to myself angrily, as I wiped the tears frustratedly. I was not going to torture myself anymore because of what Maxon did. He chose Kriss. I chose Nicholas.      

------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter and enjoyed! Don't worry maxerica lovers, the worst is yet to come winks. Just kidding! Just keep the faith, for we too, are maxerica fans!

~P&N~