T e n

hey guys hope your all doing fine we want to start adding random memes or some picture related to the selection that is what the picture above is for sometimes we will try and incorporate it in the story. We really should have said this earlier but we would like to thank all our friends for supporting us through this.

~Authorsmakinghistory~

--------------------------

The flight from Illéa to Italy was extended a lengthy period of time, as time seemed to pass by quite steadily. And as exhausted  and worn-out as I was, I wasn't surprised when I somehow fell asleep with my head resting on Nicholas's lap. I let out a sigh of comfort as I felt him stroke my hair gently, brushing his skilled fingers through them, as thoughts clouded my mind. I will always remember that everything would have been perfectly fine, just like the way it was supposed to be, if only I had stayed away from Aspen ... I can't even stand his name anymore. I would be with Maxon, the love of my li- what am I thinking, i chided myself. He never gave me a chance ... not even let me explain or utter a single word ... so I'm stuck in this turmoil now. Besides I'm marrying Nicholas, a slight smile graced my lips at that, even if it was tainted with sadness, a smile it was nonetheless. 

There were a million emotions overwhelming me, as my heart struggled to weigh the pressure without losing a part of itself again and again. My eyes glossed over at that thought, as a tear slid down my cheek. I guessed Nicholas saw it since he wiped it away gently with his thumb and started caressing my cheek, which comforted me more than I would've thought. I lifted my head from his lap and gazed at his piercing green eyes. His eyes glazed over as he leaned in, closing the small space between us as his lips touched mine. I felt sparks arising in my chest. 

I pulled away from him and gave him a small smile, as the plane came to a stop. I stood up, entangling my hands with his, and smiling at the sight. By the time I was on the tarmac, I was engulfed in hugs. "OMG!", Nicoletta's voice rang in my ears, "We are going to be sisters in law. I can't wait", she squealed, before continuing, "Hold on ... when's the wedding?", She ranted on, before her words finally registered as my eyes widened. That was something I completely forgot "Umm ... well, I'm not exactly sure cause I don't know ...", I murmured uneasily; I peered at Nicholas standing beside his mother and mouthed 'help' to which he gladly came to my rescue, "Sis, are you serious? We just got engaged, a few days ago! Be patient and please ... let's try not scare her away", Nicholas said as he flashed me a smile and i giggled at that.

--Time skip--

We reached the palace in no time, or maybe the ride just seemed quick as not a second passed by in silence, with conversations ranging from the random of things always followed. The mansion was enormously magnificent! The architecture was absolutely gorgeous and the pieces of art that hung around were mesmerizing, and were definitely a great mix to the palace, as they gave the atmosphere an aura of tranquility and pleasantness, and brought ease to everyone who approached inside. I looked around in absolute awe. Yet if i am being outright honest, there was one thing that caught my sincere attention ... my stomach silently grumbled at that, as my eyes lit up ... was that the aroma of pastries that lingered in the air? I turned to Nicoletta, who now was grinning from ear to ear, "Someone slipped that you love strawberry tarts" she drawled as she explained. I looked around to see Nicholas holding his hands up in surrender with eyebrows raised in amusement, "I wanted to make you feel welcome". I silently 'aww' at him in my mind as I smiled at his sweet gesture. I saw a maid holding a huge tray filled with strawberry tarts. My eyes widened in excitement ... I wanted to grab them all, and quench my addiction, yet ...

 At this moment I needed to be polite, and finishing all those delicious beauties in the matter of few seconds might not be as polite as it looked in mind. Besides, the King and Queen were just standing a few steps away from me. A guard rushed to their side and whispered something to them. The Queen nodded as a reply and turned towards me, leaving me frozen in shock. I started panicking, were they kicking me out?

 "Lady America", I watched her like a hawk, with debated breath, "You may stay in the guest bedroom for some while. And you can move in to the Kings and Queen's suite once you get married". My shoulders slumped at that, before I jolted. Confusion was written all over my face, as my eyebrows furrowed. "You're retiring?" Nicholas questioned. "Well, that is what I said. After all, I have been waiting for you to find someone, so I guess the time is right." The queen turned around on her heels, the King trailing behind her, but she made a small pit stop to take a bunch of strawberry tarts before she continued walking.

 I had my poker face on as i was quite astonished. Nicholas walked towards me stifling a laugh, and eyes narrowed with mirth at that. Nicholas cheekily grinned in response, and i silently shook my head in glee. He gestured to the tray as he took a strawberry tart himself and I gladly (finally) grabbed one and started nibbling on 'em with pleasure. "Let's get you settled in, shall we," I nodded to that, as my mouth was busy with a million tastes exploding on my tongue as it met the strawberry tarts with delight. As we reached the room I would be staying in, we both entered in and I silently gazed around to see that everything I owned was unpacked and organized. Nicholas strode past me and stood in front of me, as I pretended to be interested in a necklace. 

He grasped my chin gently with his fingers as my eyes rose to meet his, "America, I know you might be intimidated by being queen, and you must be in complete shock. I would've told you but I didn't know either ... umm I get it if you don't want to do this anymore, I can um-" I cut him off with the only way that came to my mind; i rose on my tippy toes and crashed my lips against his. I was still unsure of my feelings for him; everything happened too quickly for me to fully grasp and comprehend what was going on. I needed time but part of me was afraid to wait. Hadn't I wasted enough of my life? I knew he loved me and as the kiss got deeper, he gripped onto me tightly. His hands lingered around the zip on the back of my dress. I broke away from the kiss, slightly breathless, "We can't do this, at least not now". He looked embarrassed and looked down at the floor, "I got carried away. I'm truly sorry, I never mea-" I cut him off with a swift kiss, I grinned, "Why don't we get married in a week or so...". 

His face lit up like that of a kid's on Christmas, "You really think so?! But what about, you know, the Maxon thing", he asked. "I am pretty sure I'm fine" I said, smiling he threw his hands around me and lifted me into the air. I squealed when he started spinning me around with excitement while chuckles escaped from the both of us and the only sound that could be heard was the air whooshing around me and our laughs echoing into the depths of the night. He placed me on his torso and I crossed my legs around him to secure myself. Our faces were millimeters away from each other as our eyes were locked into each others. His eyes were truly even more enchanting and hypnotizing up close. Our noses nuzzled while I was containing a blush. We were about to go for another kiss when suddenly ... the door swung open.

--------------------------------------

Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter! Have a good day/night! And don't be afraid to press that little star button. Thank You!

~Authorsmakinghistory~