T h i r t y - o n e

*A Few months later*

America's POV:

"Mommy, mommy, I'm hungwy," my lips froze at the sound of my eldest daughter, my movements frantic before I realized too late what I was doing. I pushed Nicholas away, perhaps with too much force, making him land on the floor with a thump; just in time too, as Eadlyn came waddling in, dragging a pouting, irritated Ahren. 

"daddy on floow?" Ahren asked, looking at me with those lovely brown eyes, filled with curiosity, an adorable frown marring his forehead, making me reach for him and smoothing the skin, erupting a giggle from him.

"Oh-um-well, you see, daddy just tripped," I floundered, trying to make my excuse sound as convincing as possible. 

"That's exactly what happened-" I narrowed my eyes at the abrupt halt and the mischevious glint appearing in those emerald eyes of his, "Actually, your mommy pushed me, I think she doesn't like daddy anymore," Nicholas added, grinning before suddenly pouting, and laying down on the floor, covering his eyes with a melancholy sigh escaping his lips. 

I rolled my eyes at his antics, expecting nothing less as gasps filled the room. The horror that flashed across the kid's eyes only made it harder to be able to hold in my laughter. I smirked.

With my thinking expression on, I tap my chin, tilting my head slightly towards the ceiling, "Hmm, maybe I found someone else."

"You have, have you," his husky voice sends shivers down my spine, his eyes so intense, it was surprising I was still solid and not melting my way towards the cloud nine with hearts in my eyes. Talk about cringy, shaking my head, I will myself to be brought back to earth and tune into the conversation.

"- help me up and then we'll teach mommy a lesson okay," I raised my eyebrows at the hushed whispers passing.

"Daddy I help," Eadlyn exclaimed, marching towards Nicholas; Ahren following her. They simultaneously grabbed one of his hands and tried to pull him up. But squeals echoed around the room as before they knew it, Nicholas had gotten to his feet and scooped both kids, flinging them on each of his shoulders as their giggles were the only sound that could be heard for miles. Our eye contact never wavered for a moment throughout the whole ordeal, causing my heart to swell as goosebumps covered me.

 I had never smiled as widely as I did as I gazed at them. It was a rather picturesque moment, the sunlight pouring through the window, particles settling around them as their eyes turned a mesmerizing molten gold,  grins stretched to its limit.

Too caught in the moment, I didn't realize the high-pitched war cries that were released into the air until they charged at me, hands grabbing within an inch of me as I turned around last second and dashed out of the room, laughter following behind me with promises of revenge.

The castle felt so much more than just a historical building where the royals reigned from. The guards lined at each hallway stifled their laughter as we raced through, bowing their heads with subtle smiles across their 

"Come on guys, mommy said that she planned something for you," Nicholas said, breathless from our rampage, yet his eyes shining with mirth as he gazed at them with a love the force of a thousand suns. 

They might have turned one just a few weeks ago but they are so much smarter than their age. I was not at all surprised when Eadlyn's first word was 'princess'; she's sassy and loud while Ahren is shy and quiet, usually found following his sister's footsteps. Both of them are the best blessing I could've asked for. I wouldn't have had it any other way without them, a world without my babies would be worthless - they are what gives my life meaning.  

As we approached the garden doors the twins were getting more and more excited by the second, jumping up and down in excitement, they literally had no idea of what woud happen next "guys come on, its this way!" I urged them pointing towards the direction it was in Eadlyn immediately started running to it dragging Ahren along with her "shall we" Nicholas asked me extending his hand "we shall" I said laughing, while interlocking our fingers together; running behind the twins.

"mommy" Eadlyn wailed coming towards me once she saw our surprise "tankoo"Eadlyn said trying her hardest to pronounce the word while hugging my legs, Ahren followed Eadlyns every action "Your welcome my darlings, I'd do anything to make you both happy, come on lets play on the slides" I said looking at their adorable faces, yes I personally designed a playground for them with Nicholas's help we pulled it off and it looks amazing.

There are plenty of slides, swings, see-saws and everything a child would imagine of ever having, we designed it to be like a mini version of a castle for them there is a watch tower and even a small bridge, this would be like their little magical kingdom, in the garden, I want them to have the best childhood, I would do anything to put a smile on their faces, they are my world.

(this is how the playground would look like but bigger)

A/N: So first of we wanted to start with thanking y'all for all the support and patience you've shown us it really means alot you guys are literally the best THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH love you guys tons, have a great dayyy!!{btw thank you soooo much for making this book #1 in the maxerica category}

~P&N~