Chapter 6: Called Out

Today Janu's POV.

Niko stared at me, winked and sent me a flying kiss before leaving the room.

I let out a frustrated shout as I stamped my foot into the floor. Then I threw the sugar cube in hand at the door, sending a sugary explosion all over my office.

I looked at the sugar particles they presented how I felt once.

"I WILL GET YOU NIKOLA GJOKA. I PROMISE YOU THAT I WILL WIN THAT CASE. MARK MY WORDS AND REMEMBER MY RPOMISE." I shouted my promise at the door he shut behind him.

But I knew he heard me, because when Mia opened the door, I saw him standing by her desk. He was blinking with his mouth agape while taking in my words.

*

I held the cold undrunk cup of tea Mia made me as, I sat on my office chair after I cleaned my office floor.

He wasn't wrong, the summer vacation following my first year finals, I met him in person.

But that wasn't the entire story.

I picked up my phone "Selam Murat, I need to meet you as soon as possible." I said when the other end of the line picked up.

*

"So out of all people you are going up against him in court?!" Murat asked surprised.

I exhaled as I said "Sadly."

We sat in a little coffeeshop by the Bosphorus, Murat is my witty collegemate and friend.

Okay, so Eve didn't come alone into my life. Eve was followed by Adam, no jokes. He was her childhood neighbor, the two of them were beyond crazy for one another.

Adam's best friend was Murat who looked like Harry Potter. He had the same black hair and wore glasses, yet he had Hermione Granger brains being a total bookworm.

I called him today because he is a civil lawyer and he knows more about divorce cases than I ever did.

He looked up at me over the top of his glasses and smiled sneakily at me.

He sat back crossed his arms and finally said "So out of all people Nikola Gjoka?! Will you enlighten me how, please?!"

"Murat you know I just started working alone, so I will take whatever case that comes my way for now. Come on, I am not a child, holding grudges and going for revenge, am I?!" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You do remember what happened in our 2nd year don't you?! How he called you out?!!!" He asked me shocked.

*

(7 years a go)

On the 28th of January.

"Please Janu, please, pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssssssse." Eve begged in a nasally voice.

She was sick, very sick. And being the little duck that she was, her favorite speaker/lawyer/crush/future husband was invited by our college to give a motivational speech to the students, today.

That being lawyer Nikola Gjoka, off course!

She kept talking about it for weeks prior the set date of him coming. When we walked the halls, when we had our study groups with Adam and Murat, when we she and I had some girls time.

He was talked about nonstop all the time, all day long.

And it was very hard on me for I was trying to convince myself I wasn't into him. But it was near impossible after meeting him in that conference.