Chapter 9: Framed Picture

Niko POV.

I peak into my phone it is 6 AM.

I better get up already.

I got up into my feet and walked over to my kitchen, specifically the sink.

I fell asleep on the couch last night.

I washed my face and ran my wet hands over my loose hair to tame down a bit.

Boy, it is getting longer and I will need to get a cut soon.

6:03

I turned and started my coffee machine then walked up to my fridge. My fridge was almost empty except for a half box of eggs, some cheese, and the container Hayat Teyze* sent with Luka the other day.

I opened to container and sniffed it "Can a person ingest a 4 days old pastries?!"

"Oh well." I shrugged as I popped a small piece into my mouth.

6:06

Finally, I grabbed my coffee cup.

"1,2,3,4......" I started as I headed into my bedroom to get dressed for the day.

7:03

I got into my car, threw my bag into the passenger seat, and started the car.

Today is Sunday, I have no idea how fast but slow last week was. Fast in the sense of working on the case, but a slow in how I had to survive a hell of a week.

Let me give you a recap, after I went to Ibrahim, the old smelly therapist, I heading to the office. However, on my way there I called Luka.

It went something like this.

*

The phone rang, as I waited impatiently for him to pick up.

"Hadi hadi hadi*." I said as I tapped my fingers on the driving wheel while at traffic.

At last, he did pick up.

"LUKA, prepare those documents I am coming." I demanded through the speaker.

"NIIIKOOOOOLAAAAAAA GJOOOOKAAAAA." He shouted my name.

Oh boy here we go.

"I WILL KILL YOU. YOU ARE A DEAD MAN. NIKO. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO GET IBRAHIM TO KICK YOU OUT?! How did you make the chillest person on earth angry?! HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO SUCCEED IN THAT?!"

"AAAAHHHHH, YETER YA*. LUKA ABI*. YETER!!!! SUS TAMAM*. Prepare those documents for me hadi." I shouted back.

"ALLAH KAHRETSIN*. SABRET* SABRET. I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR THIS SHIT WAIT. YOU JUST WAIT ARROGANT OKUZ."

"As if you already haven't?!" I said back in a low voice half hoping he doesn't hear it.

"Ne*?! What did you just say?! Tamam ya tamam. I am calm now. But I will tell seni Hayat Teyze. I will make her throw a slipper at you then punish you by making you do house chores. Yes, like last time ironing my clothes and cleaning bathrooms." He said in a calm terrifying voice.

Luka calmer threats are scarier than his shouting because he ends up doing what he promised to do.

After that, I hanged up. I was terrified for my life, especially for Hayat Teyze flying slipper.

*

My phone rang returning me back to present moment.

7:15

Oh it was the man himself, Luka!

"Efendim*." I said when I picked up.

"Are you on your way?!" He asked.