Chapter 16: About Us

It was dark.

I laid down on the hard floor, eyes closed, with her pressed into my heart.

The clock kept ticking with each breath that I took. They were in sync.  

I thought I would lay there for as long as time allows, till the morning sun.

But the first Fajir Namaz came in filling my room and ears, and snapping me back into reality.

The trial was today!

In a few hours to be exact.

I sat up, with the frame still pressed against my chest. I moved the picture slightly away, enabling myself to look down at it. 

I looked at her face, now illuminated by the street lamp post outside my window. I stared into her eyes. Her blue eyes are my ocean, my home.

I rotated my body around, facing my bedside table. I placed the frame on the table. I turned on my bedside lamp, then sat cross legged in front of her.

I dropped my hands into my lap then sighed as I looked at her "Tell me what to do?!"

I closed my eyes and imagined what she would advice me to do.

I opened my eyes after a few minutes" Evet*, it is what suits your Niko." I finally said smiling to her.

 I grabbed my phone as I stood up then turned my phone on.

"I don't expect to find much, ama worth the try." I whispered looking at the frame.

4:30

I let out a nervous laugh as I typed her full name.

"58 results back, ama we will find our lawyer." I said winking at the gorgeous lady in the broken frame.

I kept looking for a lawyer among them. 

"Finally! Çok şükür*, it is public profile."

4:58

She had an Instagram page. She had a few pictures in there, I scrolled down into her older posts, smiling to myself.

"She is nice looking don't you think?!" I asked her.

She had one in a library with her friends, one girl and two male friends.

"She is …….' I looked up at the frame 'Oh don't give me that look."

"You are right not the time to be stalking." I said looking at her before sitting down on the floor leaning back against my bed.

I found a picture of a beach that looked familiar to me. I clicked on it. Luckily it didn't have much likes or comments. One commented on the picture "I wish I was there with you."

It was of a girl. 

Bingo!

5:10

I clicked on her account.

Unlike her friend, this lady shared a lot. Personal photos, her pets, she was a little celebrity.

I kept scrolling until I found a recent one of my lawyer and she. I clicked on it and the comment under it said 'Finally! She moved in with me. #CollegeDream #DreamsCanComeTrue'

I shrugged as I kept scrolling down. 

The second Fajir Namaz came. 

Hadi* Luka will wake up now.

Luka was more religious than I am, which meant he will take me to pray our Dawn prayers. 

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" I let out a scream when his alarm rang.