Chapter 12: Into the Storm

Janu POV.

I leaned back onto my office chair.

It have been a long week and it is only Thursday.

I tapped my pen on the table as I let out a loud exhale, six more days to the trial.

I had secretly decided to temporarily move into Murat's *Abi next Sunday till the trial on Tuesday. I need to avoid my mother's drama, for now. I can't deal with a case that already stressing me out and her nagging me over marriage.

Mia, my secretary just walked telling me it was already 9 PM.

"*Tamam Mia. I will leave in a bit, I promise" I responded back. I knew she was following my mother's orders. Apparently, Mia had a bigger boss than me, my mother.

I sat a bit longer enjoying the silence before finally getting up and collected my things before leaving.

I stood by the bus stop waiting for the next bus. I took a deep breath as I looked up at the darkening skies above me. It was a starless night, the skies wore a sad skirt of black clouds.

"*Bence, it will rain tonight." Said the old lady sitting behind me at on the bench. I nodded back at her.

At last, my bus stopped.

I beeped my bus card and took the sat near the end.

Luckily, the bus was near empty.

I put my headphones on then scrolled through my playlist looking for a song matching my mood.

Finally, I found it!

(Play: Keep Us by Peter Bradley Adams)

I stared out the window at the lights across the streets as different buildings coming into sight and blurred out.

The bus stopped at a red light.

The skies started to crack above us.

A deafening thunder blew into the night, sending a shiver down my spine and through my entire body.

A lightening stricken the white huge skyscraper I was looking out at, almost blinding me.

An internal coldness took over me.

I am cold!

I crossed myself arms, hugging myself in a failed attempt to warm up myself.

I had this heaviness in my chest that no matter how much I exhaled I couldn't shake off.

I felt that this night will turn out to be stormy in many ways.

The lights across the street started to get hazy as the skies above started to drizzle.

I looked at the raindrops racing down the window and then up at my reflection. With the rain over my reflection, it looked as if I the raindrops were my own. It looked as if I was crying.

I got off the bus and ran up the wet street to the house. The rain was getting heavier.

I finally reached the house. I jiggled my keys into the keyhole then pushed the door open.

I took off my shoes then ran upstairs to my room. I could hear my mother calling from the kitchen, but I was in no mood for company.

I threw my handbag next to my bed as I flopped my body into my bed and closed my eyes.