Goodbye, Akira Fudo

Please accept this mini-chapter, I'm working on something big.

This takes place just before you left for Ryo's apartment.

Akira's POV

I see her. It's [Y/N], where is she going?

I was making my way downstairs to go get a glass of milk from the kitchen when I saw [Y/N] stuffing some stuff into a bag. I was curious and wanted to ask her what she was doing.

I don't think she noticed me because it seemed like she was in a rush. Could it be she's sneaking out of here? I think I could hear her muttering some stuff under her breath as if she's been talking to herself.

I had to debate with myself about whether to leave her alone and mind my own business or ask what she's doing to satisfy my curiosity. A few seconds passed and all I was doing was staring at [Y/N] silently packing her bag. I decided that it would be best if I didn't get involved. Maybe she's just going for a midnight stroll.

Sighing to myself, I ruffled my hair. Might as well go back to sleep and forget about that glass of chocolate milk. As I made my way up the stairs, I heard [Y/N] giggle to herself. The sound caused shivers to go up my spine.

"Ryo..." She almost moaned out his name.

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned back to look at her. My heart was pounding so loud I was thinking she heard it. [Y/N] picks up the bag and slings it over her shoulder. She seems very happy for someone that almost cut opened their own wrist.

[Y/N] starts to skip towards the door and I almost fell down the stairs. I have to talk to her. She's going back to Ryo, isn't she? Shit... Why does it have to be him?

She opens the door and shuts it behind her quietly. I finally snapped out of my thoughts and rushed to the end of the stairs. [Y/N] is leaving me?

I ran towards the door and looked out the little window. I see her throwing the bag into her car and I quickly unlocked the door. She's soaked because of the heavy rain, she might get sick.

"[Y/N]!" I called out for her as I swung the door open.

This caught her attention and she looks at me with wide eyes. "Don't move," She says and I stop myself from stepping out of the house. "What are you doing still awake?"

"What are you doing?!" I fired back. "Don't tell me you're going back to him..."

She stays silent, just as I thought. I was right. [Y/N] is leaving me again for Ryo. The man that broke her too many times. The man that started a global war that ruined their careers.

The man that was once my best friend.

"I have to go..." [Y/N] whispered loud enough for me to hear over the rain. It seemed as if she was holding herself back. "I'm going to stop him. I'll end this war between the humans and devilmen."

"Let me come," I offered, taking a step closer and feeling the raindrops hit my arm.

"Stop, don't move!" She warns. I take a step back into the house. [Y/N] blinks quickly and sighs heavily, "You can't. You can't leave your friends alone, or else they will die."

Now it was my turn to be angry, "You'll be killed by him, [Y/N]."

She looks at me with sad eyes, "Please, just let me go." She's not even bothered by that fact that the rain was getting harder.

There was no point in fighting with her, I knew I couldn't get her to listen to me. [Y/N], you've ruined my life.

"Fine..." That was hard for me to say. She tells me to turn around and shut the door behind me.

I do as I was told and gently closed the door. Through the window, I see her walk up to the porch. I opened the window and I was face to face with her, without any glass in my way.

"Make sure to lock the door," She whispers.

While locking the door, I remained in eye contact with her. The lights from the car reflected from her eyes, making them shine brighter. As if she was happy.

I knew this was the last time I was going to see her. So, this... I've seen this in cheesy romance movies, but I never knew how painful this really is. I only want the best for her.

"Goodbye Akira." She says and I feel my heart sink. There was an emotion in her eyes, I didn't understand it.

Words couldn't form in my mouth and I closed my eyes. I finally gained the strength to let her go. I'm never going to see her again. [Y/N] stands before me, watching me mentally break down. This woman in front of me... was never mine in the first place.

She leans towards the window and kissed me goodbye.

Remember this, I tell myself. Memorize the feeling, her lips, her breath... Never forget.

But it wasn't anything special for her. She only kissed me to silently say that I've lost her forever.

And now she's gone. Her lips left mine and she turns around to walk to her car.

With the roar of the car engine, [Y/N] drives off and there was the sound of the storm brewing above the skies.

"Goodbye, [Y/N]." I finally said.

It surprised me that I didn't break down into tears, me being the crybaby I am. Now all I was left was with confusion.

I turned around with my back against the door. I leaned my head back and slowly fell to my knees.

[Y/N] went back to Ryo and she seemed excited about it. But still... The bag she brought?

Why was there a bomb in there?

Thank you for reading this filler!

I decided to write this because I felt like you guys were getting bored of waiting for me. Just so you know, I'm writing the most important chapters of this book so I plan on taking my time. Thanks for understanding!

Until next time,
Kazu