I'm ruined, Ryo Asuka

I'm really sorry for making you guys wait for months :((

After an hour filled with tears, you finally gained strength to end it all. Not by suicide but with killing the person that started this war between humans and devilmen.

You wiped your face and looked at yourself in the mirror. Trying to clean yourself up, you washed the blood and sweat from your skin.

It was quiet in Miki's house, the only other person here with you was Akira. He didn't make a sound because he was scared you were going to snap again.

You slipped your shirt off your back and let your pants fall to the floor. Your bare feet were against the cold tiles as you walked towards the bathtub.

It was probably a bad time to be taking a bath but you really needed this.

Turning on the water, you watched it fill up the bathtub while adding soap. Steam built up in the bathroom, you started to feel yourself relax.

You slowly dipped your foot into the warm water, soon your legs were being submerged. You sat down and lowered your arms too.

The soap covered your chest, your head leaned back against the wall. You ran your hands over your legs and your arms. You sighed when arched your back to stretch.

Soon, there was a knock. You sat up but lowered yourself into the bubbles.

"[Y/N]," Akira's voice was heard on the other side of the door. "Let me feed you your food..."

Your eyes glanced around the bathroom, "Alright..."

The door opens and Akira walks in holding a plateful of rice, "Sorry, this was all I could find-"

As soon as Akira looks your direction, his face explodes into a dark red. He immediately turns his face away and chuckles bashfully.

"I should've waited until you're ready," Akira manages to stutter out. "I'll be downstairs..."

"No," You reached out and grabbed onto his black pants. "Stay..."

Akira stops in his tracks and hesitantly looks down at you. "[Y/N], I didn't mean to interrupt your own time alone..." His eyes wander elsewhere.

"Sometimes I think about dying."

"What?" This time his eyes lock with yours.

Your eyebrows curled up with sadness, "If I'm left alone for too long... I might do something unforgivable..."

Akira's lips part, "I see..."

Soon, Akira pulls out a stool from one of the bottom shelves and places it beside the bathtub. He sits next to you, his face flushing in embarrassment.

You leaned towards him, letting Akira place the spoonful of food in your mouth.

Akira continues to feed you while telling stories about his school experiences and his past with Ryo. He explains how they became friends and when Ryo left him for his studies.

You listened intently, chewing your food as the water slowly got cooler. You were hurt for Akira, first, his parents were killed, his friend became this evil being, and you have dragged him to hell and back with your suicide attempts.

Akira lovingly wipes your tears, he was finished with his storytelling. You were overwhelmed by how tragic his life became.

However, Akira accepted it. Akira understands that this is his life and he will have to push through.

God, why didn't you show mercy to this kid?

He accepted the fact that the woman he loves was never human in the first place. Akira will continue to fight for you, he is willing to kill his best friend.

Akira just asked you, for one thing, to be truthful to him. No matter how much it'll hurt, both of your lives are running out of time.

You finally finished your food and Akira stands up with the empty plate. He was about to leave the bathroom but you wanted to say one last thing.

You bit your lip and lowered your lashes. It was obvious, you just knew it was there.

"Hey, Akira?" You called out to him and the teen turns around.

"[Y/N]?" Akira looms over you with a soft smile on his face.

"Don't hate me..." You whispered. "For what I'm about to tell you..."

His smile falters, "I would never hate you..."

He leans down and you cup your hand against his ear. Akira closes his eyes when he feels your breath against his skin.

"I'm bearing Ryo's child."

You whispered it softly, your voice was small. Akira tenses up and feels tears prick his closed eyes.

He nods his head, forcing himself to understand and accept it. You separate from Akira and looked down at your legs, poking your fingers out of the water.

Your words were still echoing in his head.

Akira feels sick, he covers his mouth with his hand.

•••

You discarded your white turtleneck and your white lab coat you held so dearly, the colour reminded you of Ryo.

While searching through Miki's closet, you found a black coat and a red turtleneck. Your pants were black as well, you wanted to blend into the darkness.

Akira also comes out of the bathroom, he washed after you finished your bath. He holds his black button up in his hand while he zips up his pants.

You look at Akira's broad back, his shoulders were still wet from the shower he just took.

Akira became startled when he felt a towel against his back. He turns around and sees you drying his bare shoulders.

"[Y/N]," Akira mutters out your name.

"I'm so grateful for you, Akira." You said as you wrapped the towel around his shoulders. "You're so good to me..."

Because I still love you is what he wanted to say. I need to help you, you're struggling with your baby.

"Because I care about you," Akira furrows his eyebrows. "The only way to end your suffering is to make the evildoer die."

You lowered your lashes, "Ryo Asuka must die."

Akira turns around and looks down at you. "We'll do it together."

He slips his black button up shirt on and flashes you a toothy smile.

"On the tv, Ryo showed an Amazon lily on the screen," You stated. "He's in Peru right now."

Akira nods his head.

"That that was the very place where this tragedy started." You recalled Professor Fikira attacking you. You remembered the sight of Fikira killing himself. "Ryo is planning on wiping the entire human race."

"The humans..." Akira whispers. "They treat us differently but we can't let them be killed off."

"As non-humans, we have to save the weak." You grabbed Akira's hand and gripped it tightly. "We must save our loved ones."

"An angel and a devilman," He holds your hand gently and closes his eyes. "We make quite the pair."

"A fallen angel," You corrected him but Akira shakes his head and places your hand against his chest.

"An angel in my eyes."

Hopefully, you guys are preparing yourselves!