Hunting down Ryo Asuka

The flowers were beautiful. Every petal was unique with its own style. Colours seemed to burst our and they were as vivid as day.

The smell was wonderful, it covers up the scent of buildings burning and corpses rotting. Those delicate, little flowers have been spared from being trampled, pulled out, or set on fire for this very moment.

Akira finishes arranging the flowers in a circle as he slowly runs his clawed fingers through Miki's brown hair. You watched from afar, you couldn't seem to find any emotion coming from your heart.

Yet, your brain was overloaded with grief, you just couldn't process the events that just unfolded. Tears sting at your eyes but it wasn't genuine, it was forced. You were crying on command. Your expression was simply blank, you were just staring into the darkness.

The limbs of the other members were not forgotten. Akira was able to slide them off the spears as you sorted which body part belonged to who.

You were able to recover Wamu's head with his hat and Miko's head and chest. There were long arms with rings on their fingers, as well as severed legs from the knees down, shoes still on. Those belonged to Wamu's friends.

Finally, after a few minutes of reflecting, Akira rests Miki's head in the bed of flowers. It was the only thing that was left of the girl, everything else was tossed into the fire. Her eyes are now shut as if she is drifting off to sleep for the last time.

You stared at the severed hands on the ground and Ryo begins to plague your mind again.

You can still feel Ryo's hot, burning hands touching your body. It feels disgusting and wrong to even think about it. They were never gentle in the first place, it was all pretend, an act.

Your heart aches at the memory, his touch was addicting and it caused you to overdose. Those hugs, those kisses, his words were all laced with lust.

It haunts you to this very moment, he never leaves your thoughts. You can't beat him out of your head no matter how much you try, he still stays.

Ryo has tainted your body inside and out. You will forever be under his control, this child will take that role as well.

You can feel the grass tickle your bare feet as you walked up to the Devilman. He was still on his knees, staring at Miki's lifeless face.

It was cold and dark, the house fire began to die and the crackling sound of the wood was the only other thing you could hear. Once you were right behind him, you placed your hand on his head.

"Let's go, Akira." You tugged him by his horns to pull him onto his feet. "We have to find Ryo."

The Devilman stands up slowly, his white, glowing eyes were filled with despair. It was pitiful to see him like this, seeing an inhuman creature capable of killing hundreds, crying.

"Why?" His head hangs low, fresh tears fall from his eyes. "I don't want to see him anymore."

You placed your hand against his arm and looked up to stare straight at his face. Akira's gaze was focused toward the ground.

"I know how we can destroy this plan of his," You replied, feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time.

There was doubt in his eyes, "How?" Akira sputtered out.

You can feel the blood on your face beginning to dry, the blood from those humans you mutilated mere minutes ago.

"We will kill him." You whispered.

Akira begins to shake his head, "That won't work-"

"It will," You fired back, hoping he wouldn't finish his sentence.