Chapter 9- The Second Shard

Before them was a long drop.

"Alright," Jimmy said. "Now, you're really gonna have to trust me here. Jump, and don't land directly below us. Get into that little crevice. Go!"

Morgan was unsure, but decided to trust Jimmy. Closing her eyes, she jumped down the long drop, pulling herself into the crevice just before landing. Impa and Jimmy were right behind her. Reuben was watching everything from the pocket of Jimmy's jacket.

"Follow me, and be quick. That statue shoots darts. You can also deflect them with your sword or shield."

Jimmy jumped down and then up onto the statue. Morgan was right behind him, using her shield to deflect the darts. Impa was right behind Morgan as they jumped up the blocks until they reached a safe spot.

"This would be a lot easier with the Bunny Hood," Morgan said.

Jimmy looked up.

"Alright, we need to break that top block," he said. "And the block before us has spikes, so we have to jump fast."

Morgan looked at Impa.

"With your skills, you're the best to do this."

Impa nodded. She watched the spikes, vaulted herself up, broke the block with her sword, and then followed Jimmy, who'd helped Morgan up.

"Okay, there are hidden spikes, so we need to be careful. We have to break these blocks to get down."

Morgan nodded.

"I got this," she said.

She used her sword to break the blocks and then waited for the spikes to retract before they jumped down and jumped to the next platform. Morgan ran through, destroying the scorpions that got in her way as they moved from platform to platform. Jimmy helped her onto the platform above them, and they ran until they reached statues that looked like they'd crush them to death. Morgan watched them move, then ducked under once she had the rhythm down.

"I know how to do this," she said to Jimmy, who was moving forward to help her.

She used her sword to pull herself on top of the moving statue, then watched the other one. Once it was down, she quickly jumped onto it, carefully avoiding the spikes hanging over her head. She grabbed the gold shard, then carefully got back onto the other moving statue before jumping down to the platform. Impa and Jimmy quickly joined her on the platform. They got rid of the scorpions as they found their way to the door finally. Once they were through, Morgan sighed and put the two pieces together.

"Looks like one more piece is needed," Jimmy said.

"I hope it's not as difficult, Morgan said. She looked up at the room before her, seeing that she could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

-----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1w9qpfKo7E This room is based on level 4-2.