o n e - e m e r g e n c y

This story is going to have a much more emotionally heavy plot to it, but I'm super excited for it, so I hope you all like it! :)

Millie's POV

"Mom, I don't feel good." I tell her, holding my stomach.

"Honey, it's probably just a little bug going around the school."

"But mom, I feel awful, can we please go to the doctor?"

"Hun, I can't right now. Unless it's a real emergency, then I need you to go to your room and eat some soup or something."

Suddenly I fall to the floor, gripping my stomach. Squirming in pain and discomfort.

"MOM IT'S AN EMERGENCY! PLEASE!" I plead, tears burning my face.

"Oh my gosh, okay honey. We are gonna go as fast as we can." She says, picking me up in a quick panic, princess style. She sets me down in the back seat so that I can lay down while we drive to the hospital.

-

"What seems to be the problem?"

"My daughter wasn't feeling good, and suddenly she fell on the floor squirming in pain. Then when she got out of the car to come in, her arm where she fell was all bruised up." My mom explains.

"Oh dear. We need to get her to the back like... now. We are gonna do some tests on her to see what's wrong." The doctor says.

"Mom, what's going on? Why are they being so urgent?" I ask.

"They are gonna bring you back to do some tests."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure..." She says with a worried look.

"Come on Miss. Brown." The doctor says, pulling me onto the hospital bed.

"Where are we going?" I ask the doctor.

"We need to run some tests." He replies.

-

I wake up from a deep sleep, everything is blurry and I can't see straight.

"Mom?"

"Hey, sweetie." She says, rubbing my shoulder. "The test results will be coming back soon."

"Test results for what? Why is everyone keeping this a secret?" I ask, a bit panicked.

"We didn't wanna worry you too much. It's very serious." She replies.

"Mom, if it is for me, then I deserve the right to know."

"Okay... It isn't good. Are you sure you want to know?" She asks. I nod. "Leukemia." She replies grimly.

"LEUKEMIA?!" I scream. "THAT'S CANCER! HOW THE HECK WOULD I GET THAT?!"

"Honey, I don't know. It's not something that is contagious, so anyone can get it. My grandmother did have it when she was young though. So it could be a genetic thing." She responds.

"Mom! I can't! All of my dreams would be crushed. I will lose all of my friends. Everyone will call me cancer girl! What am I going to do!?" I sob.

"Honey, I'm so sorry. I don't know. I'm not home enough to homeschool you... On the bright side, we don't know if you have it for sure." She smiles, trying to mask her tears. My mom has never been a very emotional person, so she tries to power through it, but sometimes she just can't.

Knock, knock.

"Come in..." My mom gestures.

"Please tell me the results were negative." I beg.