t w e n t y e i g h t - l a s t

last chapter...

and it's a long one

-

{2 months later}

~March 3 - 1:00pm~

Finn's POV

Millie is doing, ok. The cancer has definitely been getting worse. Recently it's been really hard for her. She's had to go to the doctor way more times than normal. She's been in so much pain recently. She has good days, and she has bad days...bad days overrule the good days at this point.

"Hey, Mills. How do you feel?" I ask, as she walks in my house.

"Eh...more on the bad side." She says, plopping down on the couch.

"I'm so sorry..."

"It's fine. Life seriously sucks right now, but it's not your fault." She says, trying to let a smile come through, but I can tell that it's hard for her.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie or something?" I ask. She nods and moves closer to me and puts her head on my shoulder. "Hold on let me go get a movie."

I stand up and go through the movies. The first one I see is Miracles From Heaven. I smile, remembering that that was the first movie we ever watched together. I quickly put it back because at this point, I won't be able to handle it. I find Lilo and Stitch and smile as I put it into the DVD player.

"What did you pick?" She asks as I notice that she's snuggled up in a blanket which makes me smile.

"You'll see." I smile as I sit down next to her and snuggle up in the blanket with her.

Suddenly, a girl comes up on the screen, surfing in the waves, and hula dancing. I shift my gaze to Millie to see her smiling at the TV. My gaze quickly goes back to the TV and I continue to watch the movie.

A little bit later, I notice Millie's eyes getting heavy as her head falls to my shoulder. I lean my head on hers and continue to watch the movie.

-

"Mills, the movie is over." I say, lightly shaking her awake.

Her eyes slowly open as she groans. "Finn." She says.

"Mhm?" I reply.

"I don't feel good."

"Like, sick don't feel good, or hospital don't feel good?" I say worriedly.

"I don't know. I think-" Millie says, wincing in pain. "Hospital..."

"Oh no, oh no, oh no." I say. "We are gonna call you an ambulance." I say, as I notice her in more and more pain.

I quickly dial 911. Once I hang up the call, I quickly pick her up princess style and bring her outside while we wait for the ambulance. About 2 minutes later, the ambulance pulls up to the curb. I quickly bring her into the car as the paramedics close the doors and we drive away.

When we get to the hospital, they quickly load her out of the ambulance and bring her into the hospital. My breathing pace picks up as I run my hands through my hair. She's had to go to the hospital multiple times, but for chemo or something not that big. But recently she's been different. With all her troubles. That's what worries me.

Is this it?

Is she gonna die? The thought causes my eyes to water. I don't even try to hold them back. Tears begin to flow out of my eyes.

She can't. She's fine. The doctors know what they're doing.

-

~March 3 - 4:00pm~