THIRTY-FIVE!

THIRTY-FIVE
just texted me!

CHAPTER DEDICATED TO — jamiethewriter !— thanks for the constant reads, comments, etc! we got #228 in fanfiction!! —

thanks for the constant reads, comments, etc! we got #228 in fanfiction!! —

johnny drived car number one optimistically as kenzie's music played in the car. both lauren and annie fell asleep on hayden's shoulders, lauren slightly drooling on him making him completely disgusted while annie snored louder than anything he's ever heard.

"how's car number two?" kenzie spoke on the walkie talkie.

"car number two is great!" nadia replied through car number two's walkie talkie— slightly lying since carson didn't look like he wanted to see brynn as darius continued to drive.

"that's good to hear!" kenzie said.

"oh, and our estimated time of arrival is close! just a couple more minutes," johnny stated, leaning a little more towards the walkie talkie.

"thank god," hayden mumbled in the back, grabbing a tissue and wiping off lauren's drool.

a couple minutes later, they all arrived at their camping destination. eventually lauren and annie finally woke up, making hayden scurry and sprint out of the car. carson continued to hold a grudge against brynn, crossing his arms and ignoring every word she tried to say.

"we should assign cabins!" annie cheered.

"okay then, one cabin will have three people. any suggestions on how we should do this?" john asked.

"we should do couples," darius suggested, smiling at the redhead.

"any other suggestions?" john asked again.

"do you not want to be in a cabin with me?" kenzie questioned, offended.

"no, no, no! of course i want to be in a cabin with you! i just think that there could be better arrangements!" johnny defended.

"so you're saying that sharing a cabin with everyone else here is better than sharing one with me?" kenzie argued.

"that's not what i meant-" johnny said, then getting interrupted.

"you know what? i'll just be in a cabin with.." she paused. "carson!"

"uh, okay then, if that's what you want. i'll be in one with brynn!" he yelled.

"okay then.. lauren, annie, and i will be in one." hayden spoke awkwardly.

"i'll be in one with darius," nadia smiled as everyone proceeded to their cabins.

"what. was. that." carson spoke, weirded out by kenzie and johnny's argument.

"it's nothing," kenzie mumbled, unpacking her clothes.

"wait, i thought you aborted the baby? why do you have horrible hormones?" carson asked, narrowing his eyebrows.

"carson! don't remind me about that! i did abort it! and i definitely don't have hormones!" kenzie said angrily.

"hormones..." carson sang.

"what makes you think that?" she asked, worried.

"well you obviously do because you just made a scene in front of everyone and you're yelling everything you say," he spoke.

"no, that doesn't mean i have pregnancy hormones— plus, it's totally not obvious on how you're holding a grudge on brynn!" she said sarcastically.

"i am not holding a grudge! i am just mad at her for certain, irrelevant reasons!" he argued.

"grudge..." she sang, playing along.

"whatever," he continued. "darius just texted me saying that hayden texted him who said that johnny just texted him and wanted to say that 'it's not what he meant' since you're not paying attention to those notification vibrations," carson said, looking at his phone.

"well tell darius to tell hayden to tell johnny that i don't need to know what he meant and that i'm not mad," she spoke.

"sometimes i wonder why i can't just text john," he said. "but whatever." she rolled her eyes.

"you know, it would be a great day to play around with that speedboat!" annie said enthusiastically, parting the curtains of their cabin and pointing at the speedboat by the pier.

"i agree," lauren responded. "john told me earlier that we're going to go around the forest and spend the night in tents there."

"and brynn just texted me that john is ranting to her about how dramatic kenzie is," hayden said, his eyes stuck on his phone as he lied down on the bed.

"and now carson just texted me on how much he hates brynn," lauren said, scrolling through her texts.

"how come no one wants to text me!" annie complained, stomping her foot.

"the time will come young one, the time will come." hayden reassured like an old man.

"are you excited?" darius asked, turning around to see nadia burying herself into the bed. "you look tired."

"i am." she muttered through the pillow.

"anyway, got any texts from the gang?" darius asked, hearing nadia's phone make a notification sound.

"you can check that one," she said, still facing on the bed.

"annie just texted complaining on how everyone is getting texts but not her," darius read nadia's phone.

"tell her that i'm not getting much either," nadia said.

"i am. lauren just texted me saying that we're going deeper into the woods tomorrow and that we're going to actually camp there with tents and sleeping bags," darius stated after sending a message for nadia.

"it's gonna be a busy day," nadia groaned.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
WHAT EVEN IS THIS

QUESTION OF THE DAY!
do you think kenzie is overreacting or do you think that john is being stubborn? —
my answer: i think both hehe

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BYEEEEEEE
( LIKE THE TARGET VINE TEEHEE )