FOURTY-FOUR!

FOURTY-FOUR
roll!

CHAPTER DEDICATED TO — @jenziereader !— enjoy! —

enjoy! —

WINTERALL wants to facetime with ANNIKANS !
[ accept ] or decline?

hey hayden!

hey anns.

oh no, what's wrong? well, asides from— you know.

well i need to tell you something cause i feel like a total douchebag right now.

okay, what is it?

you know how we've been doing these things lately? just the two of us?

yeah, constant flirting and all that stuff.

well, i'm sorry for doing it.

why?

because i shouldn't be. i'm sorry, but i don't like you that way. i've been confusing you and lauren and it just sucks! my feelings for this person is so stupid that i become stupid!

hey, you're not stupid. and it's okay! i mean i guess i understand.

you know what? thanks, anns. you're amazing. i'll see you soon?

mhm. see yakooza!

see yakooza!

WINTERALL sent LOLO a message!

WINTERALL
hey laur, can i meet u outside your house tonight?

LOLO
sure

WINTERALL
ok. talk to u laterrr

LOLO
ttyl !

hayden pulled over nearby the sidewalk by the orlando's place, then getting out of the car with the door, making a click. lauren looked at him from her window, smiling softly. she then rushed to the door, seeing mr. winterall by the doorstep, making a strange expression. he didn't look so happy which concerned her a bit. maybe he was sad about the terrifying breakup a few hours before.

"hey, lauren." he spoke, smiling a little.

"hi hayden." she replied.

"well, uh, are you up for a late night drive?" he asked, trying not to be so sad.

"yeah! sure!" she responded as they both got into hayden's car with him driving more deep into the town.

"so, what's up?" he asked.

"my brother is a mess, but with you trying to help earlier i guess helped him a bit. kenz looked like she was too when i last saw her." she said, frowning down a bit. "how about you? why'd you invite me out of everyone?"

"well, i need to tell you something." he stated. "and we're here,"

they were in a grassy hill with a nice view nearby their neighborhood. the wind breezed lightly as the pair got out of the car. hayden took a seat on the ground, swinging his legs back and forth as lauren followed.

"what are we doing on a hill?" lauren asked cluelessly, chuckling.

"we're going to roll down!" hayden exclaimed, looking at the pretty blonde.

"what! no! i can't do that!" she replied, smiling embarrassedly.

"you can, come on!" he convinced as she thought again, then shaking her head.

"i'll hold your hand,"

she thought about it again, then quickly nodding.

"you ready?" he asked. "three, two,"

"one!"

they both leaned in, causing them to roll down the grassy hill. hayden did this often— alone, though, and it would usually be so slow. with lauren, it was fast. in a second they were already in the middle.

she screamed as he laughed, yet still maintaining to hold onto her hand.

a few moments later, they landed softly as they were both laughing like hyenas.

"that was..." she trailed off.

"awesome!" she yelled, pumping her arms into the air as he looked at her, smiling.

the two then got prepared to head back to the car, going back to lauren's place. she couldn't stop smiling throughout the ride, until she remembered. he had something going on with annie. well, at least maybe.

"are you and annie— a thing?" she asked.

"no," he responds. "just friends."

"oh," she said. "okay!"

he chuckled softly.

then for the rest of the car ride, it was full silence. not an awkward, tense one though— a safe, happy one.

they arrived back at lauren's house.

"bye hayden!" she exclaimed.

"bye lauren," he smiled.

lauren twisted the doorknob, seeing her parents and johnny gathered around in the living room, looking serious.

"lauren, we need to talk." dale and mer said.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
spicy layden babies and a spicy cliffhanger !!!! 🌶

QUESTION OF THE DAY!
what do you think the orlando's need to talk about? —
my answer: i guess we'll wait and see HEEHEE

I LUV LAYDEN