Chapter I: I am Bruce Wayne

July 22, 1998

"Hey dad?" asked Bruce, lying on bed. His father is playing the guitar, singing "Don't Stop Me Now" in Acoustic. He stops on the lyric, "Having such a good time." "Yeah?" he asked. "Is it fun being a hero?" asked Bruce. "What do you mean?" he asked. "I mean... do you love, saving people from inconceivable death?" asked the young 7-year-old boy. "No..." said Thomas. "Why?" asked Bruce. "Well..." said his father, "It hurts..." "What hurts?" asked Bruce. "It hurts to fail." replied Thomas, "It's because I'm scared, of the challenges I prefer not to do, but I have to do, and therefore must be done." "What if you don't want to do it?" asked Bruce. "Then bad things happen to people." replied Thomas. "Like what?" asked Bruce. "You end up hurting them. You end up hurting people and make them hate you. You end up hurting them, every time, every moment you don't do it..." said Thomas, "What?" " I don't get it..." said Bruce, "It hurts if you do it and fail, and it hurts if you don't do it and succeed." "That's why you be the best." said Thomas, "You have to keep on going and do what is good, even if the failures and mistakes ends up killing you. If you decide not to, you hurt people, you break them, you create a cowardly answer to bow to your own selfish wants and needs, instead of thinking about others, for you to live longer. That's why you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain..." "Don't die daddy..." said Bruce, hugging his father, snuggling his face on his large belly and climbs on his shoulders, hugging his head, "I love you... daddy...." Thomas smiles, sadly. "Love you too, Champ..." "Hey! Kid!" said Thomas, as Bruce comes back to bed, under his blanket, "Guess what? I'm gonna pick a song for you!" "Really?" asked Bruce, "Like what?"

"Ahem... Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen, Acoustic version by, Thomas Wayne!" said Thomas with Bruce clapping, 

"Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide...
No escape from reality...
Open your eyes...
Look up to the skies and seeeeeee.........
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy....
Because I'm easy come! Easy go!
A little high, little low...
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to meeeee....

To me...........

Mamaaa, just killed a man!
Put a gun against his head!
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead!
Mamaaaaaaa.... life had just begun!
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mamaaaaa.... ooo....
Didn't mean to make you cry!
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow!
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters....
Too late! My time has come!
Sends shivers down my spine....
Body's aching all the time....
Goodbye.... everybody! I've got to go!
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth....
Mamaaaaaaaa! oooooo ! "(anyway the wind blows)" 
I don't want to die

I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all....."

Bruce hugs his pillow as he squeezes his Teddy Bear and blanket, smiling, closing his eyes. His father smiles, with tears in his eyes.

July 23, 2015

Bruce wakes up, stretches and stands up. The alarm is ringing. Bruce slaps it to the ground, turning it off. "That was unnecessary, but then again,  I don't give a shit." he said, with his eyes still closed, "Why the hell am I talking to myself... Why am I not stopping.... Shut up...."  He limps around, hitting his head on the wall. He then kind of wakes up, looking around. He then goes on to the table next to his bed and calls Alfred. "Alfred... I'm awake... Come up here or whatever...." said Bruce as he limps around and looks at his collection of Steven Universe Gems and DBZ action figures. "Heheh.." said Bruce, as he then looks to a picture of him and his father, "Morning dad...." Alfred then comes up out of nowhere and says, "Hey Master Bruce!" he yelled, "WHAT ARE THOSE?!" he asks as he points to his shoes. Bruce falls down, shocked. Bruce then stands up, shakes his head and says, "Dead meme. Where have you been living? Africa? You know memes are pretty overused there... I think..." "How do you know, sir?" asked Alfred, embarrassed, "I spent like two weeks there in my conference last month, and I'm pretty sure Memes are the equivalent of a Science Professor in College saying 'Basically' to explain shit. But what do I know? I only spent like a year there...." "Sir.." said Alfred, "11 years ago you've graduated college... Why don't you just use that fat head of your for the greater good?" "I am, Alfred..." said Bruce, staring at the camera, angrily, "I am..." "Sir... Stop staring at the wall... It is... how you millennials say... 'creeping the living shit out of me... omg... I am so not doped for this Fran Bow shit Eddie... It's creeping me out.'...." Bruce then looks at him saying, "Alfred... Give me my phone..." Alfred hands it over and Bruce swiftly takes it. "I'm changing this phone's password...."