Chapter IV.V: Bruce Wayne: Origins

November 7, 2015

"BRUCE!!! I told you to RUN!!!" "No no no no no... Daddy... No.... NOOO!!!!" "I wanted a killer, not a knight. A man, not a coward. A soldier, not a son." "Either you die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the-..."

Bruce wakes up, hearing the word "-villain." in his head as he hears bones cracking at the same time. "ALFRED!!!" he yelled, "AAAAAALFFFREEEED!!!!" 

Bruce walks down the stair case as he wipes tears from his eyes. He yawns, calmly. He sees Jason on the table with breakfast already set. "Big Brother Mr. Wayne!" cried Jason, "How wonderful to see you this morning! Good Morning! Hehe..." "Morning, boy." said Bruce. The twp eat breakfast, eggs and bacon, as Jason then rambles on about something. Bruce lapses out, staring at his bacon, "-and that's how my friend got adopted. Great story, right Mr. Wayne? Uh... Mr. Wayne?" "Huh?! Wha?" Bruce looks up, confused. "Why, why did you adopt me?" Bruce hears a voice, whispering, "Can I have a quarter?" in his head. "Uh... Because why not?" said Bruce, sipping his coffee, "Besides, technically Alfred adopted you, so you're like my adoptive brother, or some shit..." Bruce lapses out once again as Jason keeps on rambling on. "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE HER A QUARTER??!!!" asked a deep gargling voice in his head, "She was clearly hungry, and she needed money... She probably did 'shit' for those men purely for the purpose of receiving currency... But no... No.... You just let her go, and you basically murdered the child, you filiciding mutt..." "What about you..." replied Bruce, "You just had to exist, didn't you? You dare say this to me, when you yourself just won't let me handle this. I'm the richest man in the world..." "And you think they'll listen to you? That's why I'm here... That's why I exist." said the voice. "Why?!" asked Bruce.  "It's because we're Batman!!!" replied the voice, "You should've killed him.... and Ra's would've made us the greatest warrior in the world, even greater than that asshole, Slade." "He had the right to live!!!" "What of those wolves you've murdered in cold blood?!" "They were animals! They don't count!" "You snap their necks as if you were Petelguese twisting some nice Rems for dinner." "Screw you, we're the same person." "Screw you, you said that to yourself." "F*ck you." "F*ck you!" "You think you're a hero! You think yourself as a shadow that flies in the night sky, thinking that your some f*cking animal of some sort?" "I am an animal. I am the animal that you are. We are one and the same. I am you. I think that I'm a hero, you say? Well you think that you're a god. Know this, that every time you act like some dumbass arrogant abridged version of Tony Stark, remember, I'm inside you..." "Gross." "See? You just did it again... You think you're so funny, but when I am unleashed I will break the 'one rule'. I will kill a person. I will, and I won't hesitate. I'll go on to break every bone in his/her body, then I will slowly, but surely, slit his/her throat, and I will make every one that cares about that particular person,  watch. That person will suffer, and they will suffer, watching him suffer, at the fault of ever caring for that person. You think you're a god, Bruce, since you see yourself so high. Though, remember this... No matter how high you see yourself as, you'll never live up to the gods. Those ones that can run really fast, fly with red capes, god killers and the such? You can never live up to that. Why? Because you are just a man. Just, a, man. Remember, every time you, lost your cool? Yeah... You like what you did to him, don't you? I know you're shaking your head right now, but somewhere, deep inside, you liked how you broke his back. You liked it, how you broke Dorrance... You liked how you humiliated him in front of his family. You liked spitting on his face and beating it as loud as a beating drum. You liked taking that match and-..." "STOP!!! W-why... Why are you doing this?!" "Why? Heheheheheh... It's because I'm the Goddamned Batman... Bruce... Bruce? Bruce!"

"Bruce!" yelled Jason. Bruce looks up. "Why are you staring at that spoon? Are you okay?" asked Jason, looking confused and worried. "It's because I'm Batman!" yelled Bruce. "What?" asked Jason. "What?" asked Bruce. "I was just asking you on how you became Batman..." said Jason. "Oh... That's a long story..." said Bruce, "So... Once upon a time..."