Log 7 - Tsushima Yoshiko & Ohara Mari

The next day, everyone seemed kind of fine. Almost everyone was able to sleep that night and get a good rest. Everyone except for Ruby.

It was in the middle of the night when Mari heard a knock on her door. She got up and opened it. She was quite surprised when she saw Ruby.

"Ruby? What's wrong?" Mari asked as Ruby silently walked in. "I can't sleep. I miss Dia." Ruby silently mumbled.

Mari looked at her a little confused. Why did Ruby come to her? She didn't understand. Hanamaru is her best friend after all.

"I don't want to drag the other's down by being sad." Ruby added. Mari sat down on the bed next to her. "Hey, everyone understands that you feel sad. We all are deeply saddened that Dia died."

Mari put an arm around Ruby's shoulder to comfort her a little. "She was a great friend for all of us and a great sister too."

Mari noticed tears rolling down Ruby's cheeks, but she didn't make a sound. It hurt Mari to see her like that. It was the sister of one of her dearest friends. She has to take good care of Ruby now. At least that's what she thought for herself.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" Ruby suddebly asked and looked up to Mari. Mari nodded. "Of course. Don't worry."

°•°•°•°•°

"Yoshiko! Wake up!" Someone shouted right next to her. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Chika standing next to her bed.

"Ruby isn't feeling well so It'd be nice if you could prepare breakfast with Hanamaru." She said before quickly leaving the room.

Yoshiko sat up and rubbed her eyes. When was the last time she slept this long? She couldn't remember.

She quickly got up and rushed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast with Hanamaru.

°•°•°

"Do you think Ruby's okay, zura?" Hanamaru asked while putting some eggs into boiling water. Yoshiko looked away. "I don't know. We need to make sure to be there for her." She simply replied.

"She didn't want me to be with her this morning." Hanamaru sighed. Yoshiko looked at her in surprise. "She said that it'd be better for me to stay away from her,zura." Hanamaru added in a saddened voice.

Yoshiko didn't want her friend to feel bad. It made her sad to see Hanamaru like that. "Don't worry. She just needs a little time for herself." Yoshiko said and put an arm around her friend's shoulder.

Hanamaru forced a smile on her face. "You're probably right, zura."

°•°•°•°

"Thanks for jumping in, Yoshiko." Chika said as she ate the last bite of her breakfast. "No big deal." Yoshiko said quietly.

"Kanan also seems to not feel that well today." You said. She didn't even come out of her room today." She remarked but Chika interrupted her without paying any attention to what Chika said.

"Would you be so nice to go and look after Ruby?" Chika looked at Yoshiko, then at Mari. "Maybe bring her some breakfast too." She added.

Mari and Yoshiko looked at each other and then nodded. They got a bit of the bread along with some marmalade. They knew it was Ruby's favourite in the morning.

Mari gently knocked at the door of her own room. Ruby wanted to stay there. No response. When she opened the door, Ruby was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe she went to her own room again?" Yoshiko asked. They went to her room, but she wasn't there either.