13.

She pulled the trigger, but no shot was heard. "Now, choose!" Dia smiled at Chika. Chika narrowed her eyes at Dia. She didn't know her chances to survive or her chances to hit Dia.

A drop of sweat rolled down at the side of her face  as she sat down across from Dia and took the gun. "Let's play now, shall we?" Dia asked as she pointed the gun at her head.

* * *

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to die, but I also don't want to kill Dia...

Chika hesitated as it was her turn to pull her trigger at Dia.

"You know..." Dia began. She didn't turn the gun towards Chika, she held it at her head still. "I might change the game again." She said. "Maybe we should just see who shoots me first?" She chuckled and pulled the trigger again.

She must've reached the bullet by now. It has to be the last shot.

"Chika..." Dia looked at her with quite a saddened look. "I think we both know that I shouldn't be alive after all this. If I survive now, what should I do?" She asked.

Chika hesitated. She knew she was right somehow, but isn't it a heartless thought to think? If Chika died and Dia survived, she'd shoot the other's for sure, but what would she do afterwards ?

She can't escape now anyways. Her death... might be the only considerable solution.

Chika wanted to slap herself. What was she thinking? She wished for the death of her friend right now.

"You realized, didn't you...?" Dia gave Chika a faint smile as her finger got close to pulling the trigger.

Chika nodded, her face emotionless. "Dia." Yoshiko stood beside Chika. "Shoot me." Yoshiko demanded. Dia looked at her in disbelief. "Why should I?" She asked.

"I don't want you to die." Yoshiko responded, her voice was shaky. Dia giggled. "You don't get it, don't you?" She asked. "This isn't as easy as that, Yoshiko. Life has never been as easy as that, remember that."

Those were the last things the three ever heard of her, since she pulled the trigger immediately after those words left her mouth.

* * *

"We can't keep on mourning here. We need to either find the other's or get out of here." Chika said as she stepped out of the room, Yoshiko and Hanamaru silently sobbing as they followed her.

"Life has never been as easy as that, remember that."

Chika couldn't get that out of her head. She knew there was more to her words. But what was it? As she walked down the narrow corridor she nervously chewed on her fingernails.

After a while, they had found another wooden door. Chika seriously didn't think anything would surprise her anymore, so she just casually walked into the room, just like she'd walk into her room or something.

In the room, she found Kanan, shaking violently in a corner of the room. "Kanan!" Chika was relieved to see her alive and not visibly hurt.

Though, when Kanan turned around, Chika looked at her with widened eyes. Kanan  had dried blood on her hands, clothes and a bit on her face.

"W-what happened to you?!" Chika asked as she grabbed Kanans shoulders. Kanan looked at the floor, still shaking. "I... I didn't do it..." She mumbled.

"What didn't you do? Kanan, tell me!" Chika shouted as she shook Kanan, who just looked at Chika with empty eyes.

"You... you're not mad at me, right?" Kanan asked. Chika looked at her with a confused look. "No... why... why should I...?" Chika responded and loosened her grip around the shoulders of the taller girl.

"I... I killed her..." Kanan mumbled. "I... I killed You..." Kanan added, tears forming in her eyes. Chika let her arms sink down and clenched her fists. "Now, let's get out of here." She said, she tried to hide the hurt in her voice.

"But Chika I-" Kanan tried to speak but Chika just grabbed her hand and walked out of the room. Yoshiko and Hanamaru kept quiet.

* * *

Soon enough, they found Riko and Mari as well. They'd been locked into a room together. Thankfully, they weren't hurt. The only thing Chika had noticed were the scratches and scars on Riko's neck.

Chika wanted to get out desperately. She felt her throat drying out slowly, it felt like thousands of hands were choking her too, but she tried to stay calm.

"We'll get out of here soon. I know it." She mumbled to herself as she tightened her grip around Kanan's hand.

"There's... there's a door at the end of the corridor, zura!" Hanamaru announced. She was infront of everyone by now. Chika felt a spark of hope light up inside her heart.

Hanamaru slowly opened the door, revealing a staircase. "Let's go, quick!" Chika shouted and ran infront of Hanamaru, leaving her behind.

Chika felt tears forming in her eyes again. She felt so close to freedom. She ran up and got greeted by another door that she didn't open yet. She hesitated, waiting for the other's to catch up on her.

* * *

"Let's open it..." Kanan said from behind Chika. Chika nodded. "Yea, let's..." She said as she pushed open the door, finding herself inside of the music room. "We're... back in the building...?" She asked herself, tears flowing down her face.

"We... We were so close to freedom..." Chika said. "And now...?!" She punched the wall. "I want to get out of here! I won't be able to stand this anymore! Please!" She cried.

"Chika..." Riko gently rested her hand on Chika's shoulder. "We won't give up yet, right? We can get outta here." She said to comfort her friend.

"We'll get out of here for sure." Mari said. "Let's find a way out of here now, shall we?" Mari asked, a small smile on her face.

"You're right..." Chika sighed, happy to have such good friends at her side.

I'm sorry, Dia... Ruby...

You...