Log 8 - Kunikida Hanamaru

It was a morning like it has been for the last week. It's been a week now ever since Ruby had died. Everyone was on a good path to feel a little better, getting a bit more sleep.

It was a Monday Morning, meaning it was You's and Riko's turn to cook. Hanamaru woke up early in the morning so she went to help them out.

When she entered the kitchen, she only found You there, cooking by herself. She was cheerfully humming a song to herself. It was one of Aqours songs, Mijuku Dreamer.

"Good Morning, zura." Hanamaru greeted as she stepped into the kitchen. You was a little startled since she didn't notice Hanamaru. "Oh, good morning, Hanamaru!" She said.

"You've been humming Mijuku Dreamer just now, haven't you?" Hanamaru asked with a faint smile as she went to take some of the eggs from the fridge. "Yea." You began while looking down and continuing to prepare the pancakes.

"It's a really special song to me, you know." You mumbled. "It was the first song with all the 9 of us." She added and gave a quick glance at Hanamaru before turning back to her own duties.

"Yea... I know. It really is special, zura." Hanamaru replied. It was everything she'd come up with that moment. She knew how bad You felt, but she also didn't know how to cheer her up.

Hanamaru has never been that close to the 2nd years, so she also didn't really now what would cheer You up.

"Say... where's Riko? It's her turn to prepare breakfast with you." Hanamaru asked, preparing the eggs in a pan. "Oh, she told me she doesn't feel well. She said she had bad stomach aches during night."

"Ah, I see, zura... Mari and Yoshiko are in the healthcare today, so I'll ask them to look after her later." Hanamaru said, thinking it'd be the best idea.

"I'll prepare some tea for her, maybe it'll make her feel better." Hanamaru suggested, looking at You. You only nodded and continued on cooking. "Thanks, Hanamaru. I'm sure I can get this done by myself." You smiled at Hanamaru.

* * *

Hanamaru gently knocked onto the door of Riko's Room. In one hand, she held a mug with some tea to relax your stomach. She heard a faint "Come in." Coming from the room.

She opened the door and glanced around. It was pretty dark inside, since there haven't been any windows in the building. She tried to find the light switch and turned it on.

She saw Riko laying on her bed like a little ball, hugging her knees. "How are you feeling? You told me about your stomach ache so I've brought you some tea." Hanamaru gently said as she placed the mug on the night stand.

"Not that good. Do you know if we have any medicine to make the cramps stop? I've had them since 2a.m. or something..." Riko whined as she stretched out her legs to sit up.

She took the mug and took a sip. Her eyes widened in shock and she held her hand infront of her mouth, running towards the bathroom door. She bursted in and immediately had to vomit.

"Oh no..." Hanamaru rushed into the bathroom as well and held up Riko's hair. Yes, she had to admit she found it kind of disgusting, but you need to help your friends in situations like that.

"There, there... Do you maybe feel a little better now?" Hanamaru gently rested her hand on Riko's back to comfort her.

"A bit..." Riko replied, quite exhausted. Riko got back up onto her feet, trying not to fall back onto her knees. She looked like a little lamb trying to walk for the first time.

It was horrible for Hanamru to look at her. Riko soon fell onto her knees again and almost hit her head. "Riko! Be careful, zura!" Hanamaru warned her as she kneeled down.

"Hey, let me carry you to your bed okay?" Hanamaru suggested, getting a small not from Riko as a reply. The second Hanamaru offered her help, she regretted it.

She was afraid that she wouldn't be able to carry Riko, since Hanamaru was smaller than her. She knew she wasn't quite strong, but she had to help Riko get back into bed.

Riko wrapped her arms around Hanamaru's neck. Hanamaru already shifted a little upwards and grabbed Riko's legs from behind. She then managed to lift Riko up and get her to the bed without hurting her.

"Thanks, Hanamaru." Riko mumbled. "Hold on a second, I'll be right back." Hanamaru almost shouted as she ran out of the room. She quickly got to the storage room to get a bucket and made her way back to Riko's room.

"If you have to vomit again, take this bucket. You won't have to run to the toilet again." Hanamaru placed the bucket next to the bed so it'd be close to Riko.

"Hey, what's all the fuss about?" A sleepy voice asked from the door. It was Yoshiko. "Yoshiko! I'm glad you're awake. Riko is sick. Since you and Mari are in care of the healthcare today, I'd like to ask you to get some medicine for Riko after breakfast." Hanamaru quickly said.

"Of course, don't worry." Yoshiko came in to take a look at Riko. Hanamaru explained the situation "Seems like a stomach flu to me. It's important that she gets enough water, salt and sugar." Yoshiko pointed out.

"Well, I figured that out too..." Hanamaru sighed. "Anyways, we'll get you some bread with salted butter later, okay, Riko? Rest now." Hanamaru pulled the sheets over Riko's body. Riko nodded and already closed her eyes, soon beginning to snore.

"Let's get breakfast now, shall we?" Yoshiko asked as she held the door open for Hanamaru to exit. "Yeah, let's, zura."

* * *

"I'm sure you'll feel better soon, Riko." Mari gently smiled at Riko. Riko's face was looking quite weird due to the medicine he had just been getting. She quickly drank some water to get the bitter taste out of her mouth.

"Thank you all so much. I hope it'll be better soon, too." She forced a weak smile onto her lips as Chika handed her hot-water bottle for her stomach.

Riko was looking quite pale, so Mari suggested for her to rest a bit after she'd been eating her bread. Riko nodded as she took a sip of her tea.

Everyone slowly made their ways out of their room. Hanamaru stood in the door, noticing that Yoshiko was still sitting by Riko's bed.

"I'll stay with her for a bit. Please just leave now okay? She needs a good rest." Yoshiko demanded. Hanamaru looked at Riko who was just giving her a faint smile. Hanamaru sighed. "Sure. Get well soon." She said before closing the door behind her.

* * *

Log 8 - Kunikida Hanamaru

"Is it recording, zura? Ah, the light is blinking, so I guess it is.

Riko is feeling pretty bad, she seems to have caught a stomach flu. I hope she gets well better soon, she looked really pale and exhausted.

One thing that I find kind of weird is how close Yoshiko tries to be to Riko at the moment. It's kind of suspicious, zura. She went to Riko's room lots if times today and tried to be alone with her.

I don't know if I should confront her about it..."

* * *
Hi! Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I didn't have any motivation to update any of my stories, but here you have a new chapter! I hope you enjoyed and already look forward to the next chapter.