A Living Nightmare

"He hates you," She heard a voice say to her.

"What..?" She asked back.

"Your Master," The voice said, "He hates you! He didn't even want a Padawan!" She had tears in her eyes. Who was saying these awful things to her? Where were they? It was pitch black everywhere she looked.. there was no where anyone could hide...

"Who are you?" She asked, "Why are you saying these awful things to me? Th-they aren't true..!"

The voice laughed. Whoever this was really enjoyed seeing her upset.

"SHOW YOURSELF..!" She yelled into the blackness.

More laughter. It was driving her near insane. The evil, cackling, laughter kept ringing through her head and it wouldn't stop. She fell to the ground on her knees, covering her ears, trying to block the sound of evil laughter out.

It wouldn't stop.

She screamed and cried for whoever was there to stop, but they didn't. They kept laughing and telling her how much her Master hated her...
———————————————————————
"Ahsoka?" A familiar voice says, "Ahsoka, wake up!"

She sits up quickly, breathing heavily and tears rolling down her face. She looks to her Master, relieved.

"Anakin?" Ahsoka said, wiping away her tears.

"Ahsoka, what's wrong? I was setting the ship for Hyper Space, and when I came back you were asleep and crying.." Her Master, Anakin Skywalker, said.

Padawan Ahsoka Tano looks into his eyes, searching for the hatred the voice in her dream said was there... but it wasn't there. Only concern and fear for her. She even noticed a hint of.. Love? That couldn't be..

"It.. it was just a dream, Master.. it doesn't matter.."

"Are you sure? Talking about nightmares can usually help to relax you.." Anakin asked, wanting Ahsoka to feel safe.

Ahsoka looks to the ground for a moment, then back at her Master. She sighs.

"I guess I'll tell you... I was having a nightmare where everything around me was pitch black.. and there was a voice telling me awful things.. things I hope aren't true," She told him, tears once again forming in her eyes. Anakin sat next to Ahsoka and held her hand. She blushed a little bit, but it was barely noticeable... but, of course, Anakin noticed. He smiled a tiny bit, but only for a moment.

"What was the voice telling you, Snips?" He asked.

"It.. It was saying that you hate me.. that you would get rid of me the second you get the chance.." She told him, a tear falling down her cheek. She wiped it away quickly.

Anakin looks like he's about to say something when Obi-Wan Kenobi comes through the ship's doorway. Anakin very quickly released Ahsoka's hand as he did so that Obi-Wan wouldn't see.

"We're out of Hyper Space now, so get ready, you two, "Obi-Wan told them, "Ahsoka, is something wrong?"

She shook her head, "No, Master Kenobi, I'm alright.." He shrugs and goes back into the cockpit. Anakin looks back over to Ahsoka once  Obi-Wan leaves.

"Snips, you know none of that is true, right?" He told her.

"Huh?" She asked.

"What the voice in your dream said, it isn't true.. and it never will be, I promise.."

"R-right... Um Master.. could I ask you something..?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, I..-" Her sentence gets cut off by a loud bang, followed by the ship shaking. Anakin quickly stood up.

"Obi-Wan, what was that?!" He yelled.

"We've been hit by Separatists! We're going to crash on Tatooine!" Obi-Wan yelled back at us.

"Great.. Tatooine.." Anakin said as he ran to the cockpit to help Obi-Wan. Ahsoka quickly got up to do the same.

"Great.. two nightmares in one day.." She said under her breath.