Solo - Part 1

A month after Astoria's injuries. She is healed enough to move around, run, jump; basically anything she was able to do before. And she's ready to get revenge on her parents...

Astoria POV
I was walking around happily. I was finally being released from this damned hospital! It was about time! I mean, I've been able to walk correctly and run pretty well for at least a week now, but they said they wanted to make sure everything was fine.

There was one point during my treatments that I was given a test. Not like a school test - I would've failed due to my lack of schooling as a slave - but a test for... well... they didn't tell me. But it was obvious to me that it was for depression simply based on the questions. I wondered why they were giving me the test until I took a glance at my arm. They must've somehow known that not all cuts were new when they did my surgery...

I wanted to ask Ezra and Ahsoka if either of them suggested the test, but I never did. The doctors said I had pretty bad depression, but because of how malnourished I was when I was living on Endor, and because of how it affected me now, I couldn't use antidepressants till I turned sixteen - two years from now.

They said they felt bad, that they were sorry, but so what? Apologies won't help me. Plus, I'll be fine. Probably...

I pulled myself from my thoughts and continued to pace the floor. I didn't realize I was doing this till now, though.

Just then, Ezra and Master Kenobi walked in.

"Hello, Astoria! Glad to see you walking around again!" Master Kenobi said, walking over to me and hugging me. I gladly hugged him back.

"Hello, Master!" I said as I let him go, "Hi Ezra!"

He smiled at me, but something seemed to be bothering him because he didn't even say anything. I slightly raised an eyebrow, then turned back to Master Kenobi.

"Can I leave now?" I asked him.

He laughed and said, "Yes, Astoria; you can. Just one last check up and you can leave."

"And start prepping for my mission?" I asked eagerly.

He nodded. "Of course. It will take place in three days, so there is no time to waste!"

"Does she have to go?" Ezra said after he had been silent the entire time.

Both Obi-Wan and I looked at him.

"Ezra, I have to go back. I'm the only one who knows my way around, plus I'm the only one small and lean enough to do this. Why do you ask, anyways?"

"Yes, you've never objected to one of her missions before, young Padawan."

"I just don't want her to get hurt again..." He said, looking to me with tears forming in his eyes. I met his eyes and mine filled with tears as well.

"Ezra..."

We locked eyes for a moment, then he looked to the floor as his eyes filled more with tears. I walked to him and hugged him, holding him very close.

He held onto me tightly. I felt his breathing start to become a bit shaky, like he was really going to cry...

"Ezra, I'll be ok..." I said softly, "I won't get hurt again..."

He nodded a little, but I still felt his breathing shake a bit with each inhale. I started to lightly rub his back, trying to get him to calm down and believe me.

"Ezra, Astoria is very well trained and you know it. She has enough skill to do this properly without incident," Obi-Wan said.

Ezra held me closer as he said this. I knew he didn't doubt me in any way, but he was scared for me. He didn't want me hurt again. To be fair, I don't think anyone did.