Chapter One

Isabella

Isabella

My blood pumped through me at a rapid speed. The only thing keeping me going was the adrenaline. The rain came down in endless buckets. Why? Why did I choose tonight to work late.

You know that feeling that you get when someone is about to jump out on you, well that's the feeling I have now. I picked up my speed pulling my rain jacket tighter around my petite body.

A plus for me was the rain started to calm down and turned into a light drizzle but the dark New York streets still kept me hidden under my hood of my jacket.

I was now only had two blocks left until I got to my apartment. Come on Isabella, only a few more minutes and you'll be back, I kept telling myself.

The feeling I had a few minutes ago slowly started to creep back. I repeatedly looked over my shoulders but I saw nothing. I kept telling myself my mind was playing tricks on me, but I still couldn't shake the feeling off.

My apartment came into view and a sigh of relief left my mouth. But that changed extremely fast when I was slammed against a shop wall. I looked up and my eyes were greeted with old disgusting looking ones.

"Well, well, well what do we have here?" The old man that was covered head to toe in wrinkles said making me feel disgusted.

"Get off me you prick!" I shouted trying to push him off but I was failing miserably at doing so.

"Ooo, I love a good fight but save your screaming for the bedroom" he said and I knew I was loosing this battle. I knew I had one last chance to try and get out of this situation so I did the only thing I had left to do.

I screamed and boy did I scream loud. Living with two older brothers who constantly tease me gave me a lot of practice of screaming.

A few seconds past and no one appeared and I knew this was it. He had me pinned against the wall with my arms above my head and his legs holding mine in place.

Just as he was leaning in to I presume kiss me, his eyes became lifeless.

A gunshot rang through the alleyway. The man in front of me fell to the floor and blood started oozing out off where the gunshot wound was.

I looked up to the culprit and my eyes were greeted with the type of person who would stop you in your tracks. He had tousled dark brown hair which was thick and lustrous. His deep green coloured eyes were mesmerising and captivating. He face was strong and defined, his jaw line could cut through solid metal. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression. His perfect lips ripe for a kiss.

But before I had anymore chance to admire the Greek God in front of me, darkness welcomed me.

I was awoken by a metal door being slammed. My eyes slowly fluttered open, the dullness of the room sent shivers down my back. I sat up and noticed I was sat on a bed. If you could call it that, it was a rusty metal frame with a thin mattress sat on top of it. I scanned the room and the only other item of furniture in here was a bedside table with a bottle of water on it.

I stood up but my body fell back down onto the bed because of how exhausted my body was. I knew my body wanted to sleep and I knew I wouldn't be able to anything if I didn't so I did what I do best.

I went to sleep.

-Addio