Chapter Two

Leonardo

Leonardo

A piercing scream echoed down the alleyway to the left of us, making me and my two brothers turn our heads. Something told me to go and see what was happening. So I did what my stone cold heart was telling me to.

"Leo where you going?" I heard my brother Matteo shout. I ignored him and carried on running. While I was I pulled my gun out of my waist band and got ready to shoot. But as I approached the scene I saw something completely different than I expected to see.

A woman being held against the wall by an old disgusting man. Yes people call me a disgusting human being but at least I only kill the ones who deserve it. Never had I killed someone who was innocent and I intended to keep it that way.

I pulled the trigger on the gun and felt no guilt. But guilt started to creep in when I saw the fear on the girls face. The panic in her eyes was clear. But slowly faded when she started to fall to the fall. Before she hit the ground I caught her in my arms and held her tightly.

"Who's that?" I heard from behind me. I turned around and was greeted with my two brothers, Matteo and Lorenzo standing and looking at the beauty in my arms.

"Eyes off" I snapped at them. I didn't know where this sudden need to protect her came from but it certainly wasn't like me to do this.

"Woah when did Leonardo Moretti became so protective?" Lorenzo teased.

"Shut up you pricks, come on. When we get back to the house put her in the basement, I'll speak to her when she wakes up. She saw me kill, I don't want her telling everyone" I yelled trying to convince them but mostly myself that I didn't want to be around her.

"You need to get laid" Matteo shouted and they both chuckled. I walked the two minute journey to the Range Rover and sat her up on the back seat. I pulled the seat belt around her petite body and made sure she was secure. Safety first kids.

I got into the front seat and waited for my idiotic brothers to get in. A few minutes passed and they still hadn't arrived so I drove off without them.

They can find there own way home. Pair of pricks. I haven't got a single ounce of patience.

I heard grumbling sounds coming from the back seat and when I turned my head I found it was the mystery girl starting to wake up. I couldn't have her wake up now, since I'm driving and I know she'll put up a fight. I got out a needle with one hand from under the seat and ripped the packet open with my mouth it was filled with general anaesthesia. I leaned my one arm into the back of the car and gently pressed it into her arm. She groaned but immediately fell to sleep. You might think I'm odd for having this in my car but when I'm kidnapping someone who has done wrong, I need it then.

I only had a few minutes until I got back so I sped past every red light, they know better than to give me a ticket. A few minutes later I pulled up to the gates that lead to my mansion.

I took her out of the car and carried her down to the basement. I opened one of the cell doors with my arms and gently laid her down on the bed. I didn't want to do this. But I had to, I couldn't let anyone know I had a soft spot for her.

I wouldn't allow it.

I will always be alone.

My favourite line...

'Me, Myself and I'

That's how it will always be.

-Addio