024

[ 17:00, 1 hour
before the break-in]

-

ONG SEONGWOO

Sweat trickling down his cheeks, he hurriedly packed every single valuable information he'd kept hidden all this time, stumbling once in a while in nervousness. Notebooks, weapons, photo cards; basically anything concerning his role within the vampire community. He cursed at the fact that he was mentally, and physically unprepared, when the assassins were informed to have planned a visit to the cafe, to interrogate him about 'things'.

Obviously, Seongwoo wasn't dumb to reckon that they doubt his purpose with the assassins. 

"Shit, where's my resign letter..." he mumbled under his breath. 

He needed to get out of there without anything that would seem like he was against the assassins. 

The throbs of the time ticking on his wall distracted him more than anything else, as well as his heart beat increasing, overlapping the noise. Not that he was overreacting at all, but he just knew the assassins too well, that if he didn't get out of the cafe, they'd crush him into a nice fruit punch. 

Seongwoo was a chief in the assassins, team S they say: ones that organize files, though they also get to hunt for the vampires too. Back then, Seongwoo only joined for the purpose of money, as he was fired from the law enforcement team after a felony crime record he didn't even do. He was taught by their main boss of how vampires were a threat to humanity, and how they were spreading all over South Korea, and that attracted his attention. Though the vampire assassins were a private community, his main purpose was to protect the world's safety. 

Little did he know, however, that vampires played a significant role in his father's death.

But not as the killer.

Vampires tried to save him.

And he was recruited for that reason. 

Because vampires were related with the Ong family from their ancestors' time. 

Right when he managed to pack everything up to leave, he suddenly felt vibration coming through his jeans pocket from his phone.

[ YEONNIE CALLING... ]

"Raeyeon? She rarely calls—"

Seongwoo stopped dead in his tracks when he saw two familiar figures crouching down from the cafe's window. The two teenagers were hiding beside the wall, that very familiar brown haired guy having Raeyeon's phone in his hands. 

It was Woojin and Raeyeon.

"Are they trying to prank me...?" he mumbled. 

[ ACCEPT | DECLINE ] 

seongwoo:

hey? why the sudden
call?

woojin:

y-you're rae's brother
right? i'm woojin if
you remember me.

seongwoo:

where's raeyeon?

woojin:

she got into an accident.
i tried to save her i swear!

Seongwoo peered out the window again, only to see Raeyeon completely fine, encouraging Woojin on his 'acting'. Man, what are those kids up to, seriously? He put his phone back near his ear,