030

❝ would you really die to haveenough time to save who you love? ❞

enough time to save who you 
love? ❞

-Chapter 41, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong    

--

ONG RAEYEON

She felt her skin gently graced by the chilling temperature that irked inside her body, getting her to slightly jump at the cold. Then a sickening sting raising up her stomach, as she groaned to the sharp, invisible pain, crimson red mist surrounding her limbs.

"Rose, this better not be some funny business!"

Raeyeon still couldn't completely trust the witch. Inside her, were alertness, and hatred towards the witch inside her. However, if the witch was to actually kill her (like what she always had wanted to) after giving her those witch powers, Raeyeon admitted, inside, that she would give her life if she could be strong enough to save everyone else. As cliche as that sounds.

And she lost someone just because she hesitated to do this sooner.

Seongwoo...

"Relax, gosh. I'm just taking over your body," said Lady Rose in the reflection. "it's a need for the plan to work."

This cell may restrict a vampire's powers, but not of a witch's.

"Raeyeon," asked Lady Rose, which earned a look from Raeyeon. "what do you actually want to do with my help?"

Raeyeon almost cringed at the sudden change of Lady Rose's way of speech. That witch sounded a lot more concerned and soft rather than her usual annoyingly villain-ish type of speaking. The girl sighed, still debating whether or not to put Rose to her trust.

"I want to help my friends."

"What about your father?"

Raeyeon hung her head low, "I need to stop him as well." then she glared at Rose. "But don't you dare kill him. What happens to him is my concern."

The prickles on her skin had stopped, and the human figure instantly felt the sudden boost of strength and stamina inside her, surprised. Mists that had formed Lady Rose's figure in front of her was gone, replaced by the static view of the basement before. Gulping, Raeyeon indicated this as the witch already taking control of her body.

Suddenly, the feminine voice of Lady Rose sounded from beside her ears,

"Tell me honestly," she said,

"Do you trust me?"

Raeyeon let a pursed smile at her question. She sighed, "No. I don't."

Lady Rose returned her smile with an ominous smirk, once again. "Then, about what you were thinking of before...I want a deal with that. It interests me."